Gskill Hz 5-6-6-19!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnelson07

In Runtime
ram.jpg

Also, I went into BIOS to tweak the times (mobo in sig) and I couldn't find where to edit them, only where to up the volt. Obviously, I want it to be 4-4-4-12.

In the main BIOS menu hit ctrl-f1. Then go into performance setting (i think) and you will see the timing options. And don't look for this in the manual, cause its not there. (I really don't know why).

The reason your timings are so loose is because you have the memory overclocked to 1000mhz and set to auto. The bios loosens the timings to make it more stable. But ya, it took me about 2 weeks of asking for someone to finally tell me ctrl-f1 to get the memory timings. Also if you want to run 1:1 the memory multi is 2.5 - 3.0 - 2.0. Its not in the correct order which caused me some confusion when i first started messing with it.

Ok, I set it in BIOS to 4-4-4-12, but it still shows up on CPU-Z as 5-6-6-19. However, in the SPD time (whatever that is) it says if the volt is 2.1 it would be 4-4-4-12.
ram2.jpg

I'm unaware of the current voltage. I'll get on the internet with my laptop and diagnose the pc so I can respond faster.

^^ I second that, I would change the Ram multiplier to 2 if you can't get your ram to be stable at its rated timing (which is a high probability).

Ok, I changed the RAM multi to 2.0, let's see what happens.

*edit*
I changed the volt to 2.0 and now it reads 5-4-4-13. It's 1:1 though.

Yeah, it did fail to post 3 times when I originally changed it to 4-4-4-12. I noticed because I saw the CPU speed was different at POST. That was the only thing I changed. I'll double check all the options again.

Ok, I set it in BIOS to 4-4-4-12, but it still shows up on CPU-Z as 5-6-6-19. However, in the SPD time (whatever that is) it says if the volt is 2.1 it would be 4-4-4-12.
ram2.jpg

I'm unaware of the current voltage. I'll get on the internet with my laptop and diagnose the pc so I can respond faster.

I would recheck you BIOS setting. Your mother board has an auto-matic reset which will happen if something you changed made your PC not post, so possible you're ram was not stable enough to boot windows and it reset to the stable loose timing.

The board's default memory voltage is 1.8, you'll need to bump the manual voltage to at least +.2v

All fixed. After the computer failed to POST 3 times and reset the CMOS, the only thing I changed was the FSB to get 3.0GHz. I checked the RAM timings again and saw they were correct and that the voltage was at 2.0. The one thing I missed was even though the timings were correct, I forgot to make sure it was on manual and not auto. :D
Little mistake. Thanks for the help guys! I appreciate it a lot. It's 3.0GHz and 4-4-4-12! Woot!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom