This a balanced PC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dustin68803

Beta member
Hello, I am brand spanking new to these forums. Just found it about a few minutes ago. Please, if this is in the wrong forum send me else where.

I have not yet purchased this, so I am open to any suggestions.

I am looking for a gaming PC. Mainly for the games Crysis, Unreal Tournament III and Warhammer Online. (So you get a good idea of what this is used for) My balance is roughly $2,000.00 but as you can see, I went over a bit.

So as the title asks, is this a well rounded PC? I mean, does everything balance itself out? I am very unintelligent when it comes to PC specs, so this question might not make sense. Which is.. can the processor handle it?

P.S. I want to get this by the end of this month. I prefer not to purchase online.

And I think that should cover any questions that anyone might have.

Attachments

• cor_quote_01.JPG
    cor_quote_01.JPG
    57.4 KB · Views: 103
Hey Dustin68803
Welcome-to-TF.png

Drop the E6700, and go for either the E6750 or E6550. The E6700 is too much, for what it offers.

vernong, I'm surprised, you didn't notice that.

^^^ I know you two are the forum pros, but that looks a little expensive to me, even with the speakers and the monitor. And there's no info on the RAM.

That only brings me upto about 1400 on newegg with the exact monitor, speakers, and OS. I guessed that case was about 50 dollars and I threw in an e6750 instead too.

That's probably because he's not buying online, or buying it custom at a computer shop.

I'm suprised no one suggested that you build your own. The box in my sig cost me right around 1400 to build. I'm guessing the shop is charging you probably 40-50% more than it would cost you to build. Also, dont be afraid to build your own machine, its fun and not nearly as hard as you would think.

q6600 266-300 depending on where you go
Ds3r - 149
2gb of memory - 80ish
8800 or 2900 video card 280-500 depending on how much card you want
Hard drives - dirt cheap if you look around
Decent case - 100 bucks
Good PSU - 100 bucks
Aftermarket cooler - 20-80 depending on how much you want.
Vista Home Premium OEM - 79
Grand total 1200 give or take. Now add in a keyboard/mouse/monitor and you are only spending around 1500 bucks, and end up with a much better system than the builder would have sold you, PLUS and heres the big part, you now know how to work on it if something goes wrong, and you know you get all top quality parts.

Honestly I just started building computers. Its really not that hard. These guys are very helpful and you'll be able to build a pretty sick system for 2 grand.

Also, when you build your own machine, you have money left over at the end of the day for beer to sustain you while building the machine.

Hey Dustin68803
Welcome-to-TF.png

Drop the E6700, and go for either the E6750 or E6550. The E6700 is too much, for what it offers.

vernong, I'm surprised, you didn't notice that.

lol!! i'm idiotic... ya the e6750 is better for the price... wow sry Morning time... at school.. you know how that goes :)

EDIT: thats a PC buy site? i thought it was some sort of Canadian site that sell PC Parts... still my ignorance.. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom