Big-ticket sli / crossfire setups worth the money?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i guess so, but it doesnt seem worth getting it when it's completely fine to have a GTX that is NOT OCed. There will be no differ in games really, except for resolutions 1920x1200 n up.
why not OC? its free even it is only a 5% performance boost (i'm pretty sure its higher
Plus, this will save money on getting a second card for SLI.
Crossfire/SLI sounds cool, but isnt worth it unless u were using 2 monitors at high resolutions, high graphic settings, etc.
paradox much?

the Ultra however may take an advantage in probably 3D rendering n graphic design but that depends on how much RAM is on the card.
i know for a fact that veedub is a gamer, if he wanted to 3d render and graphic design he would buy a quadro or tesla

i would be happy with a 2900 Pro until the R680 or R700 comes out.
or the nvidia 9 series next year
I want to play games in a 1685x1050. IMO, anything over 1685x1050 for playing games is ridiculous.
high resolutions = beautiful

lol owned invisible... dear jesus quote battle starting soon

anyways, sli setups are cool though lol, and it does provide some increase in performance even for lower resolutions and further driver support will help out a lot, thankfully NVIDIA doesn't drop driver support for outdated cards unlike Creative for its sound cards

well I mean that they drop driver support after 6-12 months, which is kinda ridiculous, most companies offer driver updates (if its really needed) for 1-2 years

ya thats y i like creative, they're like the only ones with current drivers for Vista.

this is one i want to get in the future, which will include my big build that i have to push until Q1-2 2008:

Newegg.com - Creative Sound Blaster X-Fi XtremeGamer 7.1 Channels 24-bit 96KHz PCI Interface Sound Card - Retail

if u can find something cheaper or better around the same price, plz post it.

The only thing I will say is.....gaming past 1680x1050 is NOT my style....waste of performance. Actually you wont find me upgrading from my 19inch wide with 1440x900 for a LONG time.

The only thing I will say is.....gaming past 1680x1050 is NOT my style....waste of performance. Actually you wont find me upgrading from my 19inch wide with 1440x900 for a LONG time.

Waste of performance? I say not pushing your system to what it can do is a waste of performance. If you can run a game at the refresh rate cap at 1900 or whatever, why wouldn't you. You'd stick with 1440 just because you want to stay at the same cap, and have the 'performance' as backup for somethign unknown? Not saying your wrong or anything I just don't understand where the waste in performance is if someones system can reach the same FPS cap on higher resolutions. Correct me if I'm wrong.

ehh? How is gaming past 1680x1050 a "waste of performance"? :confused:

1440 x 900 is plenty high for the average semi-heavy gamer
but since 1680 x 1080 doesn't cost much more, i say why not?
1900 x 1200 may look beautiful, but its double the cost
if you have SLI 8800/2900 its definatly worth looking into

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom