ATI's RV670 can beat R600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wildside

Hellfire!
ATI's RV670 can beat R600 - The INQUIRER

according to this article, it says that "the load of four RV670 boards will be less than two 2900XT boards, so the difference is striking."

i beg to know if this is true or not, so all we can do is wait for it to come out with benchmarks before deciding to buy this.

UPDATE:

alright check this out all!

more news on the RV670:

RV670 clocks are not yet defined - The INQUIRER

"Prototype board with RV670XT markings, that was leaked by several vendors sported a TDP of 132 Watts, and had GPU clocked all the way to 825 MHz, with GDDR4 memory working at 1.2 GHz (2.4 GT/s), while RV670 Pro prototype came with GPU clocked at 750 MHz, and GDDR3 memory was working at 900 MHz (1.8 GT/s). This board has TDP of around 104W."

the article also stats that these clock speeds r not in stone yet, for they r prototypes.

ATI's RV670 can beat R600 - The INQUIRER

according to this article, it says that "the load of four RV670 boards will be less than two 2900XT boards, so the difference is striking."

i beg to know if this is true or not, so all we can do is wait for it to come out with benchmarks before deciding to buy this.

I always thought the higher the number the better...( except for the case with a geforce 4 mx and a geforce 3 :p )

wow...Four R670s, consuming less than two R600s (2900XT).

I might be looking towards this, rather than the 2900Pro.

Works for me.

I see the NVIDIA fanboys have already started rating the thread, though...

That great! does that mean they will be better then the gtx?

wouldnt it require a bit of OS/dx/app support to be able to just chuck in 4 cards without it being as much of a waste as sli.

I don't think it will be better than the GTX, in terms of performance. But it will be better for the money.

And we all saw, how Quad SLI did. It's all about the drivers.

I always thought the higher the number the better...( except for the case with a geforce 4 mx and a geforce 3 :p )

thats not always true... remember the low end 8 series vs the high end 7 series?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom