Some games not working at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

advancedgeek

Daemon Poster
some of my games like gta:sa gta:vc and some other games won't work but when i look in the task manager it says the process is running but i can't quit it or anything even with taskkill in command prompt with /f option on. i'm using windows vista ultimate

Are you giving them Admin privledges? Are you using compatability?

a quick reinstall might fix the problem, but if its more than one game must be somthing else. if they all come under the same folder, ie rockstar it might be a problem inside the directory eg. rotten crack made by same team. but if its more then just them maybe try new drivers thats bout all i can think of.

With Vista it isnt a re-install issue. Some games require you to right click and run as admin while other jsut are not Vista compatable and you have to right click>properties>compatability tab>run in XP SP2 mode.

Games are more fickle than applicaitons in Vista. They were designed for XP but to run them on Vista you have to use either compatability mode or Admin mode to run them. A re-install is not necessary. I am able to run games for Windows 95 just by using the compatability tab.

you need a software.. i think you can download it in microsoft or in windows.. because vista have a kit that you can only download it when your vista is licensed and they give it to you... at first you can say that vista can't read and recognized the softwares that the XP version does... now this is the prove how microsoft being wise...

There is no software to download. I have a legit version of Vista and i have never had to download anything to run any of my games on Vista. The only thing you need to download is the DX Runtimes so that you can have DX9 installed along with DX10. Installing the runtimes doesnt overwrite the DX10 and still allows for DX9 to be used.

it was a fresh install with just a bit of stuff installed and some games on it which i don't think it will affect the game in any way but call of duty 2 works and oblivion also works. The problem doesn't get fixed even if i do the compability mode or anything. I have the graphics drivers installed and everything and i'm sure it works because other games like oblivion work correctly.

What games are they and have you checked for current patches of these games?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom