Windows xp pro clean install

Status
Not open for further replies.

poetry8

Baseband Member
Hey everyone whats happening? ok just a quick question, my pc has been playin up just recently due to some ad/spy ware.ive backed up my photos n vids n stuff so now im ready to do a format n clean install of windows xp pro. however i dont have an onboard graphics card i have one that i brought seperate.if i do a clean install will i need the drivers for the graphics card during the setup or does windows install but have crappy graphics until i install the drivers? will there be anything else i will need during installation? thank yoo

You won't need any graphic card drivers, for the time, during the Windows install. For that moment, it will be on "crappy drivers" from Windows, until you can get to the internet, and download the latest.

as above, surfing the net and whatever will "look" ok but things might not run smoothly on the screen, i.e when you scrool down down pages or drag windows across your desktop.
Get on the net and download them, job done

You would be better served to just download the video driver before formatting and reinstalling so that you dont have to try and navigate the interwebs at 800x600. Also you might want to make sure you have the ethernet drivers as windows is really bad about not installing them.

hey thanks guys im back up and running with just 1 problem,since my format and clean install my dvd and cd drives wont read any disks.how can i get them working again? when i go into my computer there detected and installed but when i put a disk in it says it cant read the disk,ive tried every disk i have but none work?

erm none atm,i have nero on disk but when i put it in the drive it shows a loading symbol on my cursor but then nothing happens whereas before it would auto run,i click my computer and its says the dvd drive F:(here it reads the disk name) but when i click it it runs and says error could not read disk,then something about a cylic redundancy check. so the drives are installed but just wont read anythng? ive gone through device manager and uninstalled both of my drives then reinstalled them but theres still no difference?plz help im stuck.

A cycle redundency error could be a result of a scratched disc. Is the disc scratched??

Erm no its a well maintained copy of nero,but as i said it will not read any disks whatsoever.i have just tried burning a cd but i insert a blank cd and it says error,insert a blank disk? i dont get the problem here,ive uninstalled both of my drives then reinstalled them,and ive updated the drivers for them both,but im comin up trumps?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom