Nvidia Readies New “Ultimate” Technology for Gamers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Amen to that! Everyone wines about Price to performance ratios and bull ****. Big deal, so I spend extra cash for a supposed 40% increase, well to some people it's worth it. People say the same thing about the Striker Ex. Find me another board with 2 full x16 PCI-e slots, and a third x8 PCI-e that's worth my time buying and can OC like a total beast... sure it's more expensive but I fricken like it and I feel it's worth it, so shove it.

If I had this much money to just blow around on anything, then ****, I wouldn't hesitate because Sora says the performance gain doesn't match up with the price tag. So what, it's still a gain in performance ;)

Who needs two Full x16 slots to being with let alone another x8 added on? Since physics cards with the 8 series are useless and if you want to go Tripple SLi thats an even bigger waste of money. It may be a gain in performance over the regular 650i and 680i but very minimal...at this point right now I could never suggest the Striker because the P35 chipset is not only a better overclocker but supports crossfire for 2 2900PRO's which are AMAZING for the money.

It's true that the striker is an extreme board bent on large performance but unless your system cost like 5,000 and you actually plan to use all 3 of those slots then it's a waste of money....once again you may think it's worth it but I'm telling you with an expert opinion that someone who wants the best performance out of their PC, the Striker right now is NOT worth it in the least. Like I said if this were 6 months ago I would say get the striker if you really want it but because even though its not worth the performance increase there really wouldn't be anything better than it, however with cheap 110 buck P35 boards rivaling it with a single Solution and Crossfire with the R600's beating SLI who would choose it?

Like I said I'm not bashing your choice for when you got it because it is a board with bragging rights but don't try and tell me you could possibly still recommend it now with the the new Nvidia SLI chipset coming out in novemeber and the P35 boards....

Re: Nvidia Readies New “Ultimate” Technology for Gamers.

People are just trying to give good advice for those thinking about SLI. Some people actually want to save money and want opinions from people like Sora. And telling people to stfu with their opinions is a bit hypocritical.

O RLY? They can make their own thread then. This thread was made to discuss the new "ultimate" technology. Not about saving money. Not about what else to buy instead.

And how's it hypcritical? I'm telling people to be quiet with their IRRELEVANT opinions. It'd be hypocritical if my opinion was irrelevant.

Look, the point is, everybody knows this isn't made with your wallet in mind. It's purpose was to cater to people who don't care about how much their computers cost, but rather how well they perform. =)

And just for kicks, I didn't say STFU, I used the opposite of heaven. :\

The fact that the Ultimate technology is a waste on Nvidia's part due to the heat and power output falls into the discussion of this "ultimate" gaming technology.

sora remains true to his title :laughing:
i totally agree that the "Ultimate" gaming technology is a waste
you could have the ultimate system for 1 year or a high end system for 5+ years with continual upgrades over time for $6000

okay this is a retarded arguement.. thats like saying... why buy a ferrari when you could buy a camaro... ummmm cuz its a **** ferrari.... it ain't worth nowhere near its performance price or anything.. why do it.. to have the best of the best... and have uuber bragging rights.... **** if i had money to toss around like that.. i'd do it.. and when i a new gpu came out.. i'd triple that... if you have money to do it.. you don't care... you just do it

okay this is a retarded arguement.. thats like saying... why buy a ferrari when you could buy a camaro... ummmm cuz its a **** ferrari.... it ain't worth nowhere near its performance price or anything.. why do it.. to have the best of the best... and have uuber bragging rights.... **** if i had money to toss around like that.. i'd do it.. and when i a new gpu came out.. i'd triple that... if you have money to do it.. you don't care... you just do it

I agree that if you are completely loaded go ahead and be my guest to buy it, i'm not saying no one will buy it. I'm saying this is a huge waste because these GPU's right underneath one another will receive poor cooling and most likely the middle one would overheat in a system.

If they were not to overheat here is the difference...SLI 8800Ultra's overclocked with an overclock Quad-Core will max out any game right now at super high resolutions. A Ferrari you can actually NOTICE the increase in speed from a lets say Corvette. However right now games are limited the refresh ratio of their monitor which is around 75. Since A SLI system with a quad-core all overclocked will do that even at very high resolutions...why do you need a 3rd GPU??? Even though you are getting a performance increase we are still limited around 75 FPS no matter what...and by the time games come out that SLi 8800Ultras are not good enough most likely Crossfire or SLI of whatever the best card at the time is will handle it without the need of a 3rd GPU...

A Ferrari yea its mostly bragging rights but you can tell the difference in the quarter mile or the 200MPh top speed on the autobahn however in games we are still limited to our refresh ratio...thats the difference and why in just about every case a 3rd GPU of the most powerful card is NOT needed.

They wouldn't be very extreme if they went out and penny picked everything, now would they? =\

True. This isn't something that should even be put in the "bang-for-buck" argument thats thrown around a lot. It's not directed at people who want a performance/cost ratio. This is a card for people with more money than brains. No, I wouldnt buy it, I don't think the performance is worth the problems/hassle/Cost. But if you're livin off daddy's trust-fund give 'er. Though I don't know if that would allow you to qualify your bragging rights XD. I don't think I'd want to brag about having this anyway, considering 85% of people would just call you stupid. lol.

Who else thinks that in the event of a cooling failure the middle card gets fused with the other two.
Heck maybe the cooling wouldnt even need to fail.

I agree that if you are completely loaded go ahead and be my guest to buy it, i'm not saying no one will buy it. I'm saying this is a huge waste because these GPU's right underneath one another will receive poor cooling and most likely the middle one would overheat in a system.

If they were not to overheat here is the difference...SLI 8800Ultra's overclocked with an overclock Quad-Core will max out any game right now at super high resolutions. A Ferrari you can actually NOTICE the increase in speed from a lets say Corvette. However right now games are limited the refresh ratio of their monitor which is around 75. Since A SLI system with a quad-core all overclocked will do that even at very high resolutions...why do you need a 3rd GPU??? Even though you are getting a performance increase we are still limited around 75 FPS no matter what...and by the time games come out that SLi 8800Ultras are not good enough most likely Crossfire or SLI of whatever the best card at the time is will handle it without the need of a 3rd GPU...

A Ferrari yea its mostly bragging rights but you can tell the difference in the quarter mile or the 200MPh top speed on the autobahn however in games we are still limited to our refresh ratio...thats the difference and why in just about every case a 3rd GPU of the most powerful card is NOT needed.

just cuz i feel like saying it.. but you won't notice the difference much between a corvette zo6 and any ferrari besides the enzo ;)

i think they should aim towards more of, developing powerful single cards over having more 3 card type configurations due to the cost factor.

The reason for not developing a powerful single card, over three...is probably marketing. These companies, know that there are riches out there, that will just buy it for bragging rights.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom