Super Pi 1M Records

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received and assembled everything yesterday; overclocked to 3.0GHz immediately. I only ran Orthos for about 2.5 hours though. What is the best setting to stress the computer on with Orthos (and how long-6 hours)? There are a bunch of options in the drop down menu. Seems like blend is the best since it tests both the processor and RAM.

I have Prime95 as well but I'm not sure how to run it exactly, I'm new to overclocking. :(

*edit*
And the Core Temp program seems to be off. I booted in BIOS and saw 20*C unless it decided to jump 10+ between then and the OS load.

superpi.jpg

How long is optimal?

*edit*
Also I went up to 3.2GHz only to get the BSOD soon after logging into windows.
I'm still at stock voltage, should I up it a tad?

8 hours is good enough, for stability.

Since you're still at stock voltage, just up it to the next higher notch.

lol lets see.. a 850watt pc power and cooling psu, x1900 crossfire edition, x1950, conroe mobo.... lmao atari 2600 with 120 games, x6800, this cpu....could get some money for them

eh i think my overclocking days are over for a long time. I think it is sort of a waste of money at this point. I am not gunna upgrade anything for another year or so.. not worth spendin that much just for a few fps and bragging rights. i am happy with a quad 4.7.

its just so hard to resist the temptation to tweak and buy. I will prolly just be a nice guy and use it for christmas money. i know i am gunna buy me an xbox360,, wife wants a coach purse,,, which will friggin cost more than my xbox.

so i guess my overclocking days are officially over. lol.

I used to spend lots of time on here while at work. Now i work in a classified environment, so lol i do have an unclassed box... but we have a very nasty infosec team... us sysadmins dont get along with them

For my 3.0GHz or when I do 3.2GHz?

You said it was BSODing at 3.2GHz, but I suggest getting it 8 hours stable with 3.0GHz first, before you go any further. So yes, up the voltage for 3.0GHz. Just up it one notch.

Hrmm I see the cache and or extra cores make my E6300 sub-par in this category. Even at my speed my Super PI is still only 16.2 seconds heh.

Oh well I still get a CPU score of 3120 in 3Dmark06 so my E6300 is still kicking arse for what I payed for it.....god I love my board :p

of course you do.. can i see your SuperPI pic... and like what voltage's did you use to get 3600mhz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom