New Alienware case, and a few questions regarding the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

R1C0CH3T

Daemon Poster
Just got my new Alienware case from woot.com, only $90 for one of the best quality cases ive owned. Has genius places for like the extra drive rails, and also screws so you dont lose them and are there when you need them. Has quick release fan holders, so if you want to change fans it really easy. Very spacious case, has 3x5.25 bays, and 6 hdd bays. I have my 2 raptors in 5.25 silencers, so im not utilizing the hd bays right now. Here's some pics (warning: I know cable management is horrible, I'm not going to take time to fix it since I'm selling everything but the psu, case, and cd drive for all new for Crysis)

000_0026.jpg

000_0027.jpg

000_0028.jpg

000_0029.jpg

And a few questions: I am wanting to paint the inside of the case glossy black, is it better to spray paint it w/ multiple light coats, or brush it? I've been painting a few houses lately and have gotten pretty good w/ a brush, but might put too thick of a coat on. Also, I am planning on cutting about a 10x10 hole in the case and putting this modder's mesh from mnpctech in it. I have a Swiftech storm cpu block, nice res, and a new pump so all I need is a new double or triple rad to go with whatever new proc i get. Are there any new processors coming out in Nov/Dec? And any new nvidia cards? thanks!

yep. matx setup inside a atx setup=having to stretch everything out a ton, plus not being able to hook up a cd drive due to only one IDE port and a not long enough IDE cable :( I think i may just sell my drive now and buy one thats SATA. DEATH TO IDE!

That case is actually quite nice, and it was cheap

but it has no side window...

btw, nice SLI set-up there :p, interesting

yep, its served me well. had 3 hd's, 2 7900gt's, 2gigs, a x2 4200, 500watt psu, dvd drive, and a golden orb all stuffed into a x-qpack. Fun for about 6 months, then its just impossible to work on it. I'm kinda grown out of the window thing, but if i do what i'm gonna go (cut a 10'' square, line it with rubber u channel, use double sided sticky tape) I can inter-change between mesh and plexi whenever i want.

yep, its served me well. had 3 hd's, 2 7900gt's, 2gigs, a x2 4200, 500watt psu, dvd drive, and a golden orb all stuffed into a x-qpack. Fun for about 6 months, then its just impossible to work on it. I'm kinda grown out of the window thing, but if i do what i'm gonna go (cut a 10'' square, line it with rubber u channel, use double sided sticky tape) I can inter-change between mesh and plexi whenever i want.

heh, lots of work 0_0, anyways, yeah

looks like a case that will last you for a decent while

those SFF cases can be quite ridiculous 0_0, especially with these longer graphics cards nowadays, and its not like your going to be lugging around your pc 24/7 even if you lan... lol

idonno, i automatically took it out and put it aside. It's supposedly 700 watts, just keeping it to the side until i really need it.

you should spray paint and then lightly sand with 1000grit wet&dry paper which you can pick up from most auto shops or garages along with the paint:D you shouldn't have to remove the already present paint but can if you wish and then you will need to buy a primer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom