need help asap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ronnie

Console Gamer
ok so i just reinstalled XP and i realized that i lost my driver disk so im using my laptop to get drivers for it but i ran into a problem with the lan drivers

when i download the lan drivers there is no exe to run to install the ethernet drivers and i read the readme and i cant figure out what to do

i cant get online on my desktop until this driver is setup so i need help asap

thanks in advanced
-the faded one

Hey man....

is it an Ini???

if it is try this out: go to Device Manager... right click your missing device (it'll have a yellow error) do Driver search and specify where your driver is and try that....

put all the drivers in a folder where you can access them on your desktop.

right click on 'my computer'
click on the 'hardware' tab
click on the 'device manager' button
where you see 'network adapters' right click and hit 'scan for hardware changes'
if it finds them it should go into the install drivers prompt, point it towards that folder with the drivers in them.

i just partitioned my hdd and have a folder with alll important setups and drivers on it...
so in case i run into a problem like he just did...I will have the back up so I wont run into the problem like he just did.

i just partitioned my hdd and have a folder with alll important setups and drivers on it...
so in case i run into a problem like he just did...I will have the back up so I wont run into the problem like he just did.

thats a good idea.

i back up most all documents/drivers/music/data on an external drive just in case.

i have all my drivers and stuff i dont feel like downloading again on my backup hdd, which may be totally pointless if my comp nosedives totally. it just makes me feel better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom