Vista -> XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
vista has had awful sale rates and lots of people have been getting it downgraded to xp thats why they have given xp an extra lease of life because vista isn't what the people want

I just reformatted my second drive to XP 64 from Vista 64.

Vista is slow, frustrating for power users.

What can it do that XP cant...besides DX10?

aero, glass, nice menus, nicer windows, improved security the list is enless.... but then you can say what can xp do that vista cant? play games quicker, quikcer loading times, overall better performance..

It all just goes to show you what a stranglehold Microsoft has on the whole OS market. I think they are still using their might as an OS monopoly to roll out these new operating systems across to the masses. Look at the big companies... I am sure the IT managers and tech people don't want to roll out Vista. But once these companies are scheduled to roll out new hardware to their users, those laptops/desktops will most likely come preloaded with Vista so they will have no choice. Microsoft has so much power with the hardware vendors that buying a major new computer brand pre-loaded with XP is now almost impossible.

Isn't that sort of nuts how Microsoft influences and "pushes" out new versions of Windows?

As far I know.. if you have a Vista O.S. you need a little bit higher memory and RAM.. you can't enjoy the feature of Vista if you don't download the kits..you need this to have a complete version of vista... I think this process is to prevent the cracked serial no. of Vista O.S.... If the user of vista didn't know the process of completion in the feature of Vista.. they can say that XP version is better than Vista...

actually vista is great..i like the fine graphics on it and other feature on it...:)

aero, glass, nice menus, nicer windows, improved security the list is enless.... but then you can say what can xp do that vista cant? play games quicker, quikcer loading times, overall better performance..

those are big claims. Got any benchmarks to support it?

I had vista ultimate and then went back to xp and was so glad i made that choice.

After my new build i tried vista againg since i wanted to try out dx 10...but again, i went back to xp and this time im not gonna switch back.

Vista sucks for gaming, its slower, and just irratates me.

Xp never gave me a single problem, but vista....geez, it would never stop.

I wish xp could use dx 10, that would be great.
The only way or reason i will ever go back to vista, is after they fix all the major bugs and have better performance for gaming. They need to hurry up on SP1.

I was playing world in conflict with maxed out settings and resoultion with about 25-40fps on vista.
with xp i get 45-60fps...explains a lot.
And dx10 doesnt look all that much better at the moment.

those are big claims. Got any benchmarks to support it?

every new OS historically has been slower then the previous generation its just hardware and visual effects which get better windows 98 has long been known as the optimum windows for performance but It looks fairly crap in my opinion whilst xp is a comfortable compromise, vista is taking it a little further

It all just goes to show you what a stranglehold Microsoft has on the whole OS market. I think they are still using their might as an OS monopoly to roll out these new operating systems across to the masses. Look at the big companies... I am sure the IT managers and tech people don't want to roll out Vista. But once these companies are scheduled to roll out new hardware to their users, those laptops/desktops will most likely come preloaded with Vista so they will have no choice. Microsoft has so much power with the hardware vendors that buying a major new computer brand pre-loaded with XP is now almost impossible.

Isn't that sort of nuts how Microsoft influences and "pushes" out new versions of Windows?

That's why whenever I hear that the boys have completed "cracking" M$ Operating Systems I just sit back and smile.

I'm not a MS hater, I live right here next to the HQ, I know lots of people who work there, and 1 of them took me in to the HQ once. Not to say that I support them, but I don't feel bad for them when I hear of people using cracked versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom