xp vs pro

Status
Not open for further replies.

baron5

Fully Optimized
Hello as you can see in there picture below my friend states that xp pro is alot better than xp home. I know it support more features that mainly servers would use but he believes there is a performance increase on pro and that home runs less games then xp pro. I have been trying to tell him they are identical besides the added feature here and there but i think everyone here needs to knock some sense into him.

I hope I'm right or I'll get a lot of **** handed to me
eric.jpg

To be honest he's probably just scared to find out he wasted money, he just wants to put himself above everyone else.

Home is a locked down version of Pro with some missing features. As far as games or performance go - I would ask him why he thinks this, its like saying a car goes faster because it has a CD player "Pro" rather then a cassette player "Home". Overall it's the same thing, just has some different functionality and options. Although I do prefer XP Pro I hate having locked down version of anything.

apart from server and development purposes, i haven't found any difference in performance what so ever. though, you can say, PRO is slower (to some extents) as its running extra tasks that HOME isn't

along with what everyone else says (especially gurusan) pro has the ability to use software RAID. only if your friend has a RAID-0 or RAID-5 implemented (which im sure he dosent) there is no performance upgrade.

performance wise it is the same. pro gives you more networking options, and can support multiple cpu's (dual and quad cores are supported, but say a server with that has a dual socket 775 mobo and 2 socket 775 cpu's, you need pro for the 2 cpu's to be recognized)

yeah those are exactly what I've been telling him, just wanted him to hear from all of use because he won't listen to me. thanks guys

XP Pro and Home differ only in added programs. speed has nothing to do with it other than the possibility of slowing it down, but not to a noticeable extent. Right now I'm attempting to cut home down to a few k's of memory, but even as much as I've cut, there's not much of a difference in speed, just more space and no added programs working without my knowledge :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom