PC Randomly Shuts Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you eyeCpc,Overclocking is my next step so I will have a look at the Antec.I am wondering if you would happen to know anything about that error I posted,is it something I should be concerned about?I really appreciate all your help and I thank you again.

I picked up a new PSU,I couldnt get the Antec TPQ 850,little high for the budget at the moment,so I picked up an Antec True Power Trio 650 Watt.I am going to install it today and see if that solves my issue,I will post back in a day or 2 to let you know how it worked out for me.Thanks so much again for all your help and info.

As far as the error information posted it doesn't provide enough details to show what the actual problem is. I've had some real fun debugging video and sound drivers alike in XP on the new build here where the event viewer shows that something happened and when but not that the system rebooted suddenly when a sound in game starting looping itself and then the XP crash control took over.

Try turning on the system and seeing nothing where the desktop should be after installing a new patch for the latest ATI catalyst. That's supposed to correct problems being seen while gaming yet seems to be a cause for new ones?! :rolleyes:

The TP3 650w model will be a boost for the system there with the SLI setup in order to provide adequate power. Without SLI or Crossfire plans here I ended up going for an OCZ GameXStream instead of the Corsair HX620 someone was pointing me at when discussing supplies. The Corsair models have an energy saving feature while the OCZ takes a pounding and remains stable.

And you are quite correct on seeing a high price for the TPQ line now offered by Antec. They are finally seeing some gaming type supplies coming out but keep a slightly higher prices. That's one reason for going for the OCZ model over the Corsair when looking over the cost totals here. The 650W version of the TP3 line will be better then their 550w version since you are planning some ocing there. The model will offer a few more amps on the rails being a lower end Seasonic made supply.

Hello and good mornin,well I ran the crap out of the PC after the new PSU install,let it run all night,have been on it for a bit this morning and no shut down,so I think that problem has been solved,But it would appear I have a new issue,everything is working excellent except burning DVDs,my burn time has slowed to a crawl,it used to take only about 7 or 8 minutes to back a movie up too DVD,now it takes over 30 minutes,I have tried a new IDE cable,messed around with burn speeds in properties and double checked jumper settings,still slow,The software I am using says the burn is at 16x,but no way.Is there something I can check in bios?Maybe this has something to do with the atapi errors I been getting?I give you many thanks for helping with my shut down issue,and I thank you in advance for any help on this new issue,thanks again.......Krazed.

I think it's something to do with your dvd burner. Check your settings in BIOS and make sure everything looks ok there. Also, check your DVD drive's manufacturer's site just to see if they have drivers/updates and whatnot if you haven't done that already.

Hello Tadow,I went to LGs website and I cant find any updates for my model of DVD burner,Model is GSA-H54N.I went into device manager and changed the primary and secondory to DMA from PIO and that didnt work either,when I went to device manager the primary was at DMA and the secondary was at PIO,I made them both DMA,is there maybe something else I could change there?I am not exactly sure what to look for in bios so if you could help me out there would be greatly appreciated.Maybe this will help some with the problem.The burner has always burnt DVDs super fast,just about a week ago out of the blue it started burning super slow.so I replaced the burner and that seemed to fix it,but a few burns and it slowed right down again,so got another new burner and no change.I thank you again for all your help.....Krazed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom