usb mice randomly die by port. running out of ports!

Status
Not open for further replies.

drewjustforyou

In Runtime
hey all, my laptop has 4 usb ports on it, 2 to either side, and all I ever use them for are standard plug and play optical 2 button mice with scroller/3rd button clicker. I used to allways use the top left usb port, but one day it said unknown drivers for this device, it may have malfunctioned, click here to fix the problem. Well, i didnt click there, instead I instinctively moved it to the next port to make sure it wasnt the mouse screwing up, well, that worked, and i went about my merry business, not thinking anything of the dead usb port.

well, now, the second usb port has crapped out with the same message, and ive tried everything to get it to work again, but troubleshooting it through windows is stupidly pointless, and so im coming here for help.

so, please help me? im down to 2 usb ports to run the mouse on, im not sure if the other 2 run anything else, as i dont have many other usb devices, but once i get home i will plug in my flash card, and see if anything comes up, and give you all some further details.

thanks so much

-Drew....

oh my god, this one just stopped working, its still powering the device (the red led light is on) but its not responding to mouse movements.

somebody help quick! or i will be down to my touchpad!!

well did you guys scare it into working or what?

I was just about to system restore, and decided to check one last time to see if it was working... it is... so im going to let sleeping dogs lie, thanks anyways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom