Emergancy computer input is needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
As some of you know, I attempted updating my BIOS recently, which I now regret.

From the time I got my computer, I've had issues. BIOS hanging when it wasn't overclocked, missreading temps, and just all around not being stable now and then.

I went from being able to OC my cpu and ram a good amount, to barely being able to OC my proc even with my memory running at DDR2 667 when it's DDR2 800. I've ran memtest on it and the windows one and they both report new errors.

Fast forward to tonight, I put my new Crucial Ballistix, boot it up. I start mem test to make sure its all ok, and i'm getting a TON of errors.

So I'm like crap, did I get stikes? I put them in the other two DIMM slots, run memtest again, and they're just fine and dandy.

I go to boot into Windows, and i get BSODs over and over, or I get "Windows Failed to Start".

But, i was able to boot into Ubuntu just fine. I did have it hang up twice though. I decided to re install windows, but now it hangs on the nice looking blue screen before installation, pretty freaking sweet.

But now, it hangs at the BIOS screen. I can turn it off and restart it, and it just hangs there.

I'm rather upset, my last build I had an ASUS board, and I loved it. It was rock solid.

So tomorrow Am I'm going to pick up a new mobo. I can't wait to order one online, so I have to go to a couple store around here. I'd like to stick with P35 for upgradablity.

I'd like to keep it under $150 and would want one that could overclock well for the price.

Would this be a good choices?

PC Club: GIGABYTE GA-P35-DS3L LGA775 Intel P35 ATX Intel Motherboard Retail

asus is losing its touch, its not on top of the world anymore
p5k is still an amazing board, but the ds3l has a great price for the overclocking and features it offers

One would think having errors from memtest would suggest ram problems but if you just got new ones, they only other logical answer would be the board like you obviously are thinking. I personally think ASUS is the best motherboard maker but it really vary's depending on budget. Get back with results after you get your new Mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom