Got my Ballistix!! w00t w00t!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheOtis

Daemon Poster
So thanks to UPS being LAME and Fry's sweet return policy, I decided to pick up some ballistix there tonight. They were about $40 more there, which is why I ordered them from Newegg.

I decided I want to find out if theirs a point to running 4gigs over 2gigs under Windows Vista 32-bit.

Obviously a 32-bit OS can only address up to around 3.5-3.8gigs, so I won't be able to run the full 4gigs. I want to run 4 or so synthetic benchmarks, time windows boot up, and so some video game benchmarking on my own.

Do any of you think this would be interesting? Or do you think the outcome would be a "no ****" outcome?

Thanks man. I'm pretty stoked on them. I've heard nothing but good things.

I only wish I would of taken your guys advice months back and gotten these in the first place.

The OCZ i have are great, don't get me wrong. I'd reccomend them to anyone. They just can't overclock as high as I want to go.

After I flashed my BIOS back to the older version, i was able to get the memory to run pretty high. Just not as high as i want to go

I'm running memtest on the magicstix right now, at stock timings, just to make sure I didn't get a bad pair.

I'll start overclocking them tonight as soon as its done!

Haha, I will.

So I got multiple BSODS today and couldn't boot into windows, even after switching back to my old RAM.

But I can boot into into Ubuntu just fine with my cpu OC'ED. But I don't know of any CPU-Z like programs for Linux.

So I'm just going to have to re-install windows AGAIN for stress tests, etc.

So, expect me to post my OC and what I've done by tomorrow afternoon!

So my ASUS mobo took a poop on my head last night.

I just picked up a Gigabyte P35 mobo. I'm installing windows right now on my rig (im on my laptop right now).
I cant wait to OC this thing now.

EDIT: 600th post!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom