XP Home CD?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snake91839

In Runtime
I work out of my house for a little extra money fixing computers. A lot of the times, I just don't want to deal with it and rebuild them. This works when the people haven't lost their CDs that came with the computer, but often times they do.

I was wondering if there's anyway I could get a free XP home CD. I don't want a serial number, because these computers have the authentication code on them, I just need the cd that they lose.

If anyone can point me in the right direction.. that'd be great :D

By the way, I don't know if it is illegal asking this, because I really don't want the license, I just want the media.

Thanks for any help :)

Try hitting up Microsoft and see if they have a free cd. You can also torrent the copy of the disc, burn it, and use it. It's not illegal since the key is the part that has to be legit.

get your hands on the Super Windows AIO 2005 dvd. it don't really work (you will get bsod trying to install windows with it), but it has at least 25 different versions of xp on it. you can use common sense to figure out what version of xp is on most folders. use nlite to import that folder and make an xp iso out of it. it has an option to make cd iso's of the different xo's on it, but it don't work either

Windows_All_In_One_Dvd_Super_cus-1.jpg

this is the exact method I use to get all of my xp cd's so I could keep people machine legit when I reinstall windows.

I work out of my house for a little extra money fixing computers. A lot of the times, I just don't want to deal with it and rebuild them. This works when the people haven't lost their CDs that came with the computer, but often times they do.

I was wondering if there's anyway I could get a free XP home CD. I don't want a serial number, because these computers have the authentication code on them, I just need the cd that they lose.

If anyone can point me in the right direction.. that'd be great :D

By the way, I don't know if it is illegal asking this, because I really don't want the license, I just want the media.

Thanks for any help :)

I think there's a lot of site that you can download it...if you need the lost cd and if the lost cd is license O.S. get the serial number from pc (if available) and download it in Windows..and copy it as cd.. Hope it could help..

It's legal as long as you are using the same serial. But you have to make sure that the disc you use is the same version of xp, or the serial won't work. Just get it from bittorrent. That's what I did when I reformatted my girlfriend's laptop from circuit city. But if you are going to go that route, make sure you just get the regular xp disc, not a cracked one or anything like that.

Use the XP 9 in 1 CD it has all the XP's on it and it works i can upload it to megaupload for ya if ya want just tell me f u want me 2

So I can legally download a Windows XP Home Edition CD using torrents if I have a key? My HP Pavilion came with a recovery disc, but that wipes the drive, and I dual boot Ubuntu, so it's a pain to have to reinstall two OS'es when Windows breaks.

that's right! even the cd is lost..you can have it again the version of it as long as you have the licensed no...:)

I haven't read the fine print from microsoft, but you are using your cd key. You paid for it, and it is only being used on one computer. So yeah it's legal. Just don't get a cracked version. And make sure you get the right version (32bit or 64bit).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom