Help - VGA gone CRAZY

Status
Not open for further replies.

ManAtBay

Solid State Member
Check out the pic of my screen.

I have a ATI 9800 Pro 128mb VGA card
I don't know why it's doin this... What's strange though is that it's fine in dos but in Windows [while playin games] it freaks out. I just got some new cooling on there too - but that doesn't seem to be helping. I think it possibly be a virus too. does anyone know of some good virus software. I have Norton '04 but it craps out half way though the scan... PLEASE HELP! Ps I've already tried alot of different drivers - including Omega.

"Screen of death!!!"

Oh SH**** ! How did you get this thing to print to the screen?

Heres an idea:

Since the card only works in DOS mode, try scanning for viruses thru the cd. Just start your computer thru DOS mode, and then type:

c:\>

then:

dir

press enter, type:

nswsetup.exe (or whatever .exe file is in the 'dir'rectory...)

Now that SHOULD scan for viruses... If it dosn't, i have some outher ideas... :cool:

What operating system are you running? Multiple remove and installs/Norton failing/It may be time to zero fill the HD and do a fresh install .

Before i use to have mcafee. I switched over to Panda AV Platinum 7. It's the best! It found 10 viruses when I got it! Its an amazing program, and I suggest you use it!

This is what's happenin'

I'm using Panda 7.0 Platinum now and I love it - found 1 virus and quarantined it.... The problem still persists. Anymore suggestions...

HERE ARE My Sytem Specs:

Asus P4c800 DELUXE
2 x Twinx Corsair PC2100 DDR400 256mb
Use integrated 3com sound
Ethernet internet connection
ATI 9800 PRO Saphire 128mb AGP 8x

// Oh - and windows won't let me enable AGP 2x,4x, or 8x
VERY WEIRD

THIGNS I've TRIED:

Low level formating HD's [3]
A lot of drivers both ATI and Omega
Added a lot of fans to case and new fan to GPU and slot fan right below.

PLEASE HELP

Ankush09 said:
I also have another one to get rid of spyware. Webroot Spysweeper. Its really good.

Spy Sweeper (registered version) is the best IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom