cd keys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Norcent

Banned
On Ebay I saw at several different spots you can buy windows vista ultmate cd keys. Do you think its legit? Do you think its a cop trying to trick people? I know where I can buy the vista ultimate disc for $30.00 and I will if I can buy a legit cd key somewhere cheaper then buying vista ultimate with the cd key.

probably fake... why not get the Ultimate Disk the other way... and buy the key

I think its fake for these reasons:

1. It'll use a digital download (email or something) and you can't refund it for any reason then
2. Since you can't refund... if its not legit... you got scammed... but you can ask MS for a key instead

it does say money back gauranteed on the link i clicked. I still think its fake though. How do you get a cd key from microsoft?

I don't know why you would pay $30 for a disk that you can get anywhere for free. Look for an Upgrade Anytime disk. Includes all versions on one DVD. They usually come included with OEM systems. I got one with both my laptops from HP.

You are going to end up paying full price regardless. If you are a college student, you can usually find discounts there. That will likely be your best legitimate deal.

getting it for free is illegal. That is why I want to buy the cd key and cd cause that way its legal cause I am paying for it but I don't have enough money and I would never Spend $200.00 for windows vista ultimate.

I just read online that if you get windows vista ultimate upgrade you can't use your xp cd key again but you can use it for vista ultimate so I am thinking about doing that. Is that really how it works? If so I am getting the vista ultimate upgrade 64 bit.

If I am not on later or tomorrow its cause something bad happened. I just heard a loud click that sounded like it came from my 3 prong power to power my computers.

will an xp cd key work for vista ultimate upgrade?
Lets think about this. XP Serial for Vista. XP for Vista....nope. Dont think it would work.

The media isnt illegal to download. I download it from M$ all the time. It is the serial that you pay for. It is the License that you pay for. the License to operate and run the software.

So you can download the Vista DVD all you want. If you dont have a legit serial that is a different story. You will need to get one. That is where the illegal things come in. Using someone else's serial, cracks, hacks and all that. That is the illegal part.

So get yourself a serial. Download the media anywhere.

After looking at your specs you are better off going with Home Premium. Ultimate runs alright on 2GB of RAM. But it wont be as fast as your XP install. Plus there are only 3 Ultimate Extras. Wouldnt want you to buy Ultimate thinking that there are all these goodies to it and then come back *****ing cause there is only 3.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom