What was your first computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Omg, this must make me old, since my first PC was a 16MHz 286 :O
And yes, it was bought when they were almost the hottest tech, 386 was just emerged but cost a fortune.

My first computer was an Apple IIe.
My first computer that I actually owned was a Pentium 100Mhz, 16Mb Ram, 600Mb Hard Drive, CDRom.
My first computer that I paid money for (the above computer fell of the office and into the back of my car one day) was an AMD K6-ii 233, 64Mb Ram, 3Gb hard Drive, CDRom, CDRW, 8Mb Video Card with a 12Mb Banshee

Ah harper i see you have good taste. AppleIIe was my first computer aswell-

I still have it in a box in my attic. LOL...i should restore it some day.

A compaq (I think unsure) with windows 95 and It was 1995 at the time so it was top of the line up to date machine lol. I use to play captain quazar on it and I still do on my pc now lol what an awesome game that was

Intel Celeron 333MHz, 32MB RAM
440BX chipset Motherboard
yamaha Sound card, 4GB H/D and VGA card = i don't have idea.

as that time, i even didnt know what is inside that box ;)

My first was an IBM ps2 with a 33 Ghz Cpu maybe 2 megs of ram and a whole 10 gigs of hard drive space.

BBC Micro computer.
Folowed by a Comp my dad got from work that had a dry wipe marker board on one side of the case (To this day I still don't know why).
Then a Packard Bell Spectria (p1 I belive running win 95)
Followed by a Compaq.

The list is so long an embarising I don't wish to expand on it.

I have had a few laptops in there as well but i can't rember any of the names but i still have one knocking around some where I will see if i can dig it out.

my first comp. was a toshiba laptop with windows 98 O.S. i can't remember the series.. 2nd is the pentium 3 desktop with xp O.S .. and now the P5 desktop with asus board... I wish the next one is mac laptop already..:D

I recall an Atari 64xe being bought for my younger bro, which I was hugely envious of, then a couple of years later I got a ZX spectrum for myself.

I think it was around '95 when I got my first PC, a 486 DX2 66. The pentium 90s came out the same year I think, but I could still run Duke Nukem fine, and Quake didn't run so bad. I remember the demos for both games came on one of the first(ish) gaming magazine CDs (They can hold over 600Mb you know!!), and there was a huge debate, sprites vs full 3d -frame loss etc.

Ahhh, the memories (are probably innacurate).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom