8800 Ultra with HR-03 Aftermarket cooler

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
I currently have an ultra and i want to try and oc this beast as much as i can.

I cant seem to get a stable oc when I set the core higher than 670 or so.

My temps idle around 58 and on load it gets to 75-80.

So i was wondering if my temps will get lower and if i will be able to oc way much more if i get this after market cooler.
Thermalright HR-03-PLUS VGA Cooler for GeForce nVidia 8800 Series

or if they are any other better ones available?

you mean the vf-900? it doesn't work on 8800's

Compatibility: ATI X1900 Series ATI X1800 Series ATI X1600 Series ATI X1300 Series ATI Radeon 9 Series (except 9550/9600) ATI Radeon X Series NVIDIA GeForce4 MX Series NVIDIA GeForce FX 5200 NVIDIA GeForce FX 5500 NVIDIA GeForce FX 5600(FX 5700) NVIDIA GeForce 6600 Series (except 6600 AGP Series) NVIDIA GeForce4 Ti 4 Series NVIDIA GeForce FX 5700Ultra Series NVIDIA GeForce FX

The HR-03 is the best air cooling solution out for g80s...with a decent fan it will certainly lower your temps...whether that translates to a higher overclock is another matter.

ok.. i've just read that only HR are 8series compatible... Zalmans are being released soon.. but unknown date

you probably wont be able to get any higher than a 670, thats just the way some chips are.

mine idles at 55* and never gets above 66* on a full load.

edit* you are also probably being bottle necked by your CPU

ok.. i've just read that only HR are 8series compatible... Zalmans are being released soon.. but unknown date

Well I've heard great things about zalman coolers, so I guess ill have to wait for them to come out then ill get it...only if it will let me oc the card more and have good stable temps.

Ive heard that 60 idle and 75-80 load isnt that bad for the ultra, so i guess im on the safe side.

Thanks for the info though!

you probably wont be able to get any higher than a 670, thats just the way some chips are.

mine idles at 55* and never gets above 66* on a full load.

edit* you are also probably being bottle necked by your CPU

how am i being bottle necked?
i have my e6550 up to 3.2 ghz now.
My 3dmark score is at 12,355 with stock gpu clocks.

I do know a quad will increase my score and fps more, but its not needed now.

Im gonna get the 45nm processors when they come out, or get the q6600 if theyre cheaper by then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom