Dire Problems!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kevinator9

Baseband Member
I did a disk clean-up and I tried to remove some applications that I didn't use anymore. So I went in there but got confused (didn't think I was confused) and thought that if i ticked an application it would delete. But oh no! Clicking it keeps it so I unticked all the others and now I have lost many many applications. I have tried to re-install the applications through the disk cleanup by ticking them but then it says "Please insert the Compact Disk labeled 'Windows XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD' into your CD-ROM drive (E:) and then click OK." I have "Windows XP Professional Version 2002 Service Pack 2". I have tried a file from Microsoft but I don't know what I am doping and I double clicked the .exe application and it said "... is not a valid Win32 application." I was wondering if there was any way I could get all these applications back as I don't have the CD. I was thinking maybe an .iso image? Please help anyone!
Thanks so much if you can help.

Did you try system restore?

As a word of caution... never use disk cleanup to uninstall anything other than Windows extras. use the uninstaller for the program, or add/remove programs if there is not an uninstaller.

System resore will reset all you're previous settings, you mentioned you got in there and sellected aplications, that is not a function of disk clean up, if you deleated some files, list the problem file, as well name the files that you disabled(or deleted), the program you used.

I deleted all applications (Calculator, Paint ETC) and Outlook Express and some connection wizards and such. I do not have a proper system restore disk (I only have a burnt copy that has written on it 'SYSTEM RESTORE DISK' but I don't know if I should try it). It tells me to put in the Windowxs XP Professional Service Pack 2 CD in to re-install those components but I don't have the disk. If I use the burnt SYSTEM RESTORE DISK will it delete all my saved files and folders in the computer and will it delete any programs?

why did you delete the calculator? its not gonna make ur system faster removing it

It was an accident, i thought I was keeping it and deleting IE. But is was the other way round.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom