test out new video card

Status
Not open for further replies.

bomt697

In Runtime
i just got the evga 8800gtx and i wanna know what fps am getting on the games or movies am playing. can someone please recommend a good program that will do what am looking for? thanks!

i just got the evga 8800gtx and i wanna know what fps am getting on the games or movies am playing. can someone please recommend a good program that will do what am looking for? thanks!

Fraps for gaming.... but movies? i don't even think u can do that

yep i forget the exact decimal but its like 29.999 FPS on movies. Games as Vernong stated can be checked with Fraps.

another thing worth mentioning... i've heard sometimes that fraps cuts your FPS... idk if this is true or not...

another thing worth mentioning... i've heard sometimes that fraps cuts your FPS... idk if this is true or not...

Not significantly..

fraps_FAQ said:
Does Fraps have a performance impact on the game?

There is a small overhead associated with drawing the framerate on screen. This may vary depending on your system configuration, but should remain relatively minimal. The best way to measure it on your own system is to find a game that allows you to benchmark it and compare the results obtained with and without Fraps loaded.

When you are benchmarking the overlay is automatically disabled to provide the most accurate results.

If you are recording a movie with Fraps there can be a noticable impact on the game. This is due to all the extra work involved in saving the screen data to disk.

It cuts it when you record video. I can get 30ish with my 6200 PCI, but when I record movies, it goes to 18 and very laggy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom