tp35d2-a7

Status
Not open for further replies.

rogcaw82

Solid State Member
Thats the board i have. I have a q6600 and I am having trouble overclocking. Can anyone help?

i am running a corsair 520w
the proc is still air cooled but will have water after the 22nd

thanks

I can't get it to boot over 3.3.
I'm guessing I am not giving enough volts. I gave it 1.5 at one point. I've been shooting for 3.6 and 3.8. If volts is the problem, my water kit should be in the mail tomorrow so I will wait before giving it more juice. I've seen results with this processor over 4 though, that person had mentioned giving it like 1.8 volts though.

Anyone else out there having luck with this board? Or even using this board.
I have since been able to get a stable 3.5 oc. Stable using everest stress test, I never take the time to let prime run for more than ten minutes.

I don't think the Everest stress test is good enough to stress, compared to Orthos or Prime. The best test for stability, is running Orthos or Prime for 6hrs minimum, 8 or more hours, is preferred.

1.5v is getting pretty high. I would also not suggest running 1.8v through the Q6600. That guy, might have used phase change. As long as the temperatures are in safe range, I guess it's ok to up the voltage even higher. But I wouldn't suggest that, for 24/7 use.

I don't think the Everest stress test is good enough to stress, compared to Orthos or Prime. The best test for stability, is running Orthos or Prime for 6hrs minimum, 8 or more hours, is preferred.

1.5v is getting pretty high. I would also not suggest running 1.8v through the Q6600. That guy, might have used phase change. As long as the temperatures are in safe range, I guess it's ok to up the voltage even higher. But I wouldn't suggest that, for 24/7 use.

I started using orthos but it was only stressing 2 cores, so i switched to prime95. It ran for 9 hours and everything was all good so i cancelled it. that was at 3.1 with volts reading at 1.38 temps are 40-49 idle and 52-62 load.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom