bios upgrade?

Status
Not open for further replies.

grimtofu

Solid State Member
i cannot find a bios upgrade for my motherboard. is it because its rare? or out of date? or because there is no such thing? i went to the FIC website (appearently the maker of the motherboard?) and had no luck navigating through the support center to try and find the correct bios download. is there a way to force a regular intel bios on it?

motherboard: FIC d865gwv aac53514-303
chipset: intel i865P/PE/G/i848P

or at least thats what cpu-z said. =p

thanks

NO! do not try to use a bios update from a different mobo... that would be the dumbest thing to do

since you aren't very knowledgable about the topic, unless you call FIC support, don't try to update, a faulty bios update can brick your motherboard since your flashing a new firmware

Don't flash the BIOS is the computer works. Don't flash the BIOS if you have not experience. Also, if the board is non-brand name, there most likely won't be BIOS updates.

First thing's first: Upgrade BIOS only and only if, you have system stability problem, or your motherboard vendor just announced that your BIOS upgrade on 865 chipset will support 45nm CPU's. in either case, makes sense.
else, do not just upgrade BIOS on a stable running system, just to see a decimal fraction upgrade on your POST and that can bring smiles to your face.

check out FIC's website = best, they must have BIOS upgrade utility like most motherboards manufacturers do. if not, then they must have DOS based BIOS flash tutorial. later in slightly crucial, but works well if taken care.

lastly, using any other BIOS or even wring BIOS from same manufacturer would cause system to become unstable. and, in case of BIOS flash failure. look out for a Frame to stick your motherboard in and hang on the wall (remember to take the RAM and CPU off before hanging, as weight can cause your wall to fall down).

ah thank you. i have flashed a couple of bios' before, i just wasnt sure if there was an alternate one to use. still cant figure out how to navigate FIC's website. oh, and the issue is ram thats not quite right, as well as a video card that im not sure if its completely integrated into the system. id like to tweak the ram settings so it will run at a lower rate, and make sure that the bios understands my video card, two features my bios currently does not have. i have upgraded everything else, drivers, programs, etc, but am still experiencing lag during video and games. i have fixed pagefile usage, and am able to conclude that it is the bios, as this computer has only been running for 2 weeks. i have moderate amounts of ram and an ok chip. is there something i missed?

I seriously doubt you built a computer using a FIC board as they are OEm vendors. have you checked your system's maker's site for an update?

im not crazy. =p FIC from 2004 in a 'barebones' system, as i believe it is called. 512 memory, i upgraded that to 1 gig once i got it running, with an intel p4 2.8 ghz. running xp home on a 120 gb ata hd. has a combo dvd/cd drive, no floppy. its a mini tower. like those gaming kinds? size of a bread box? every proggy ive used says its an FIC board, as does the bios. trust me, id love to be wrong, but intel hasnt heard of my board, only my chipset. and i dont know where it was bought. it was a gift from my uncle. =p ive tried going to the FIC website, but i cant figure out where to find the info/dl i need. ive googled the board, but people are only selling them, not upgrading them. it may be an extinct system? but thanks, ill give it a try. =))

FIC only has two motherboards listed as using the 865P chip, the P4-865P ULTRA and the P4M-865P ULTRA. The only difference I see in them is that the P4 can run 800FSB, while the P4M can only go to 533FSB.

Don't see that model number anywhere.

Have you tried using Belarc Adviser to get the mobo model number?

System Model
First International Computer, Inc.
Board: Intel Corporation D865GWV AAC53514-303
Serial Number: ABWV35113449
Bus Clock: 200 megahertz
BIOS: Intel Corp. WV86510A.45T.0027.B05.0403151959 03/15/2004

-smacks head- intel. but intel hasnt heard of it either? so wheres the bios update? =((

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom