7600 GT X 2 or 8 Series Nvidia x 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rollotomussie

Solid State Member
Hello everyone I'm new to the forum, and like alot of others I have limited knowledge about cpus. So here's my question:

I have one 7600 GT gc, so would it be better to double up the 7600 GT or just get an 8 series nvidia?

Alittle background on me... I tend to play MMO's/RTS's games more then anything else.

Most people are going to tell you that SLI is a waste of money, but it would help more if you could give a price range, than whether you should go SLI or an 8 series would be more evident.

Normally I would say instantly bad idea but since you have one 7600GT and they are cheap...SLI may not be a bad idea really. I could say sell it for like 70 bucks and take the 95 and add them together to get a better card but the 150-180 buck price range doesn't really have anything much better than those in SLI...a 7900GS or X1950PRO I think would rival it single.

150 gets you just about crap in the 8 series... im not sure if it even gets you an 8600 which is about as low as anyone should go.

two 7600 gt would be better than an 8600 im sure

i wouldnt get anything les than an 8600gts, but if it was me i would SLI the 7600gt.
i got a really good deal on my 2nd 7900gs, and my SLI setup is pretty awesome for the amount it cost me.

Why not sell the 7600GT and put the profit together with your original budget and buy a REAL card like a 8800GTS 320mb

or wait for the 2900PRO, which is cheaper than a GTS, has more video memory, performs better in benchmarks AND costs less.. ;)

if you don't feel like sparing the extra cash, get an X1950PRO for sure. If you really want super cheap, get an X1950GT (X1950PRO with lowered core speed) and overclock it to PRO speeds. 7900GS are more expensive than the X1950s for some reason and the performance difference is negligible. X1950 is the true value king.

if you're gonna go mid-range DX10, as said before, nothing lower than an 8600GTS. Also, I've seen some reviews for the X2600XT and it seems to be between an 8600GT and the 8600GTS, and it's pretty dirt cheap. Runs a wee bit slower than an X1950GT with DX10 capabilities for less than or about the same price.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom