8800 Gts Passive Cooling! Crap

Status
Not open for further replies.
yeah no offense but what you did was pretty stupid, for a couple reasons:

1. You should of remembered my story, I had to same problem with my 8800 gtx, but I simply RMA'd the card and my new one runs 10 celcius cooler!

2. You took out the card after you just shut down your computer which means the card is still blazing hot, couldn't you have just waited like 10 minutes? Not to mention isnt it bad to remove parts right after a shut down since their still might be electricity running through it?

3. Forgetting to plug in the fan cable, thats something like seriously you should never forget, you probably did things way too hastly and it cost you

seriously take my advice...RMA the card and just pray they don't see that you've applied your own thermal paste to the card ( which yes indeeds voids many warranties ). EVGA has lifetime warranty for a reason...and theres a good chance some long term damage was done to the card...

dont worry Gabb, I think of you when I open up my computer ;)

Well I'm glad to hear things are going well for you, I guess you don't have to RMA it now. Just RMA it in like a year or two to get a fresh one, I doubt they will even notice the new thermal paste. Also don't forget to register your EVGA product within 30 days or you dont get lifetime warranty! ( A fatal error some can easily make )

Also EVGA has something called the advanced RMA program or whatever. They send you a replacement card first and you get that and use it and send in your card. It costs like 5 dollars more if you dont have a evga motherboard ( some discount they give ), but it means you will always have a video card. Problem is, if they dont recieve your old card within 14 days they charge you for the new one they sent you.

any idea what happens if they find the card not to their requirements? that sounds like a great idea... I'd do that for 5 bucks + shipping to and from

any idea what happens if they find the card not to their requirements? that sounds like a great idea... I'd do that for 5 bucks + shipping to and from

yeah they send you a note scolding you and charge you an additional 100 dollars...no just kidding they just send you your card back

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom