Reinstalled PC Components

Status
Not open for further replies.

commandercup

cuPWNED
I reinstalled my PC components and now my PC won't show anything on the monitor... I think its because of the proccesor... this happened before, but it fixed itself once I left it off for 12 hours and coming back (school) and turning it on

Whats happening?

Its probably the CPU because I can't turn on Num Lock or caps lock etc.

I reseated the VGA Card etc. and nothing works, unplugged power for 5 minutes, reset cmos, unplugged 24 pin power and replugged, unplugged cpu power etc.

does it turn ON? or NOT?

if system RUNS, and doesn't shows anything, then problem is with VGA card. check it again, you might have not gave it static shock.

It wouldn't be the cpu since that would set off a constant audio alert with steady beeping. A few things to look at there are the small plugs that go directly to the small block of pins for power, reset, HD led, power led, and even make sure you turned the power supply's breaker switch back on. You have already unplugged and repluigged the 12v cpu feed one thing that sometimes sees a loose contact inside the molex plug there.

I don't know how but I got it to work yesterday... I just took everything out and turned it on (just mobo and its power connections) no beeping, so I guess my mobo doesn't have a speaker (or w/e causes it to beep) I put everything back it in and it worked again...

It was probably a power plug not fully in or some minor item seen there then if everything seems to be running good now. When swapping supplies on the last build here nothing came on at first.

That first left me with the impression of having received a bad supply until simply unplugging and very lightly replugging the 12v cpu feed back in. TADA! Shows on from there. For the new build now in use there was a real problem when the new board quite after 3 full days of use.

You could see the front blue led fans light up for about 2 seconds and then all goes dead. At first the thought was bad caps until later seeing a difference when manually entering the dram timings. On the first board you could set it to auto as well as manual to see DDR2 800 on the post screen. Now on the replacement it will show DDR2 667!

The bios chip went doa apparently on the board there. But I would still keep on eye on things anyways for a few days and monitor temps too.

well I don't think it was a power issue since it powered up and stayed on, that was the first thing I checked, I even unplugged everything I didn't need to see if it would work

it might be that my waterblock was clamped too hard onto the proccesor... but I have no idea, since I completely removed my water cooling system and put it back on

You can't sock those down with a rachet wrench and expect t osee good results. So now with the water cooler off everything seems fine? Usually some boards will see the extra pins for adding a speaker if there isn't one already on the board. That would sound off fast for a cpu problem unless the pressure realized a cold solder point there.

well yeah, I meant that I must've had the water cooling on too tight, because I took it off and put it back on with less screwing in on the waterblock, so it had less pressure/hold on the CPU, still stays in place so I guess its fine

I also reinstalled all my other stuff again (except mobo) so I have no idea what it exactly was

Software and drivers only become a problem once Windows starts loading. A problem with video drivers can be a #1 issue when Windows stalls during the boot process and you end up with a black screen.

Since this was a case where there was nothing being seen at powerup you have to look at hardware like you mentioned overtightening the water block and perhaps seeing a problem inside the cpu socket. Something went right when you reinstalled a few things there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom