G.Skill vs OCZ Plats

Status
Not open for further replies.

Merkwürdigeliebe

Benevolent Cake Despot
I'm comparing these two sticks of RAM:

G.SKILL F2-6400CL5D-2GBNQ PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL5-5-5-15 240PIN Dual Channel Memory Kit - DirectCanada

vs

Ocz Platinum Xtc REV.2 PC2-6400 2GB 2X1GB DDR2-800 CL4-4-4-15 240PIN Dimm Dual Channel Memory Kit - DirectCanada

OCZ has better advertised timings @ 4-4-4-15, whereas G.Skill is only 5-5-5-15. They both are about $80 for me, but the OCZ ram needs a mail-in-rebate whereas the G.Skills don't.

I'm really torn here. I would really go for the Ballistix instead, but I can't find em for cheap here in Canada. They're like, $150 :confused:

Not only are they still pricey, but I hate NCIX. Mainly cuz of their shipping and insurance costs. Canada Computers always seems to have stuff for cheaper and has awesome flat shipping rates and 1-day shipping! Unfortunately, the only thing is they don't have the Ballistix available at a discounted price...

OCZ overclocks well too. If you can afford the rebate delay, go ahead. If you can't, then go with the G Skill

Bah, you just missed it....2gb of crucial ballistix for $99 @ tiger direct just a couple of days ago.

I've used both and had no problems with either....I like the red of the G.Skill tho. ;P

There ya go...buy it cuz it looks better!

[edit]Heads up warning, I bought my OCZ plat rev 2 from Canada Computers and although the package said rev 2 I noticed the timings were off and and the serial on the RAM its self was rev 1. Returning them was a huge hassle as well because it was after their 14 days....even though it was their mistake and not mine, had to go to their corporate office. I've had lots of problems with CanadaComputers customer care...but all instore customer care. [/edit]

^I currently have OCZ plats in my system, by default the mobo I think set them to 5-5-5-15, but I set them to 4-4-4-15 without a hassle.

I've decided to go with a pair of scrumptious Patriots. Apparently they're really amazing, and I don't think I can resist the awesome name and heatspreader, and of course, they're discounted at Canada Computers, where I prefer to buy my stuff from because my last experience was great

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom