Catalyst 7.9 Hotfix

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris

Golden Master
Catalyst 7.9 Hotfix

AMD/ATi has just released a hotfix for Catalyst 7.9 (96.1MB) that addresses the following issues:

Enemy Territory Quake Wars: Crossfire flickering issues are resolved. Performance is improved. Bioshock: Resolved intermittent hangs for the Radeon HD 2400 and Radeon HD 2600. Call of Juarez: Texture corruption is fixed. World In Conflict: Performance is improved. Team Fortress 2: Facial morphing corruption is fixed. Time Shift: Resolved random crashes for Radeon 9xxx and Radeon X8xx series of products

(Ninja Edit from Brent - We are currently working on our own World in Conflict video card performance and IQ roundup article and will be using this new hotfix driver to realize the full potential of the 2900 XT in that game.)

Great catch there! I've been seeing several problems with ATI driver on a new MSI HD 2600XT model lately. Hopefully besides the constant crash to desktop and sudden system restart seen in both XP and Vista as well as color management problems this will correct all that.

I downloaded and installed both patches for XP and Vista since I dual boot both versions of Windows. Now to see how it helps with a few older games as well as the more recent ones by Steam and Activision.

I ran one 5-6yr. old Soldier of Fortune II for several hours with the new patch installed on Vista and no crashes seen where there had been some problems seen with the gamma adjustment and even the color management with the Catalyst.

I still have to see about the Half Life, HL2, EP1 versions as well as Fear and Prey to see how those are effected. Then I go back on XP for the same combination there with the XP version of the patch. This will probably see an end to the ati2dvag.dll errors that has been seen with the newer ATI model here in the new build.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom