computer with brand new parts will not stay on

Status
Not open for further replies.

flathexagon

Beta member
Hello all, I have a serious problem with my newly upgraded PC, it will not stay on or display anything to the monitor. I have attempted to reconfigure the setup multiple times with no results. When I hit the switch, the fans start to spin, as do the hdd, then the motherboard beeps and everything powers down. The new components are as follows:

foxconn geforce 8500
ASUS M2N-SLI Deluxe AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 SLI MCP ATX AMD Motherboard
antec truepower trio power supply
ocz ddr2 800 ram
AMD Athlon 64 x2 2.5ghz am2 cpu

Any ideas as to what I can do? I am at my wits end :(

specifically WHAT components were upgraded, or were ALL the parts listed upgraded? Did you ensure that all of the jumpers on the motherboard are set correctly? That the case wires are connected correctly to the motherboard? The motherboard was installed with the standoff's? All power cables connected to both the motherboard & video card (if needed)? Was the CPU installed correctly with thermal compound?

specifically WHAT components were upgraded, or were ALL the parts listed upgraded? Did you ensure that all of the jumpers on the motherboard are set correctly? That the case wires are connected correctly to the motherboard? The motherboard was installed with the standoff's? All power cables connected to both the motherboard & video card (if needed)? Was the CPU installed correctly with thermal compound?

thanks for your reply

all of those listed components are new.
as far as jumpers and standoffs,i am not quite sure what you mean. the power seems correctly hooked up, and the cpu was installed correctly. not 1 minute ago, i just saw the bootup screen, then everything died once more. Any other clues?

if the mobo beeps that means its a basic error (related to hardware) so check your manual and see what the beep means... if its a short beep, look at what the short beep means in your manual, then fix the problem

if the mobo beeps that means its a basic error (related to hardware) so check your manual and see what the beep means... if its a short beep, look at what the short beep means in your manual, then fix the problem

Well... Most of the time it doesn't get that far before it dies. Meaning the fans turn on the LED in front turns on and then suddenly it dies. A couple of times I had turned it on it started to boot and then died. Shortly after that without any changes to the board or anything it again died before any sort of boot occurred. There are no jumpers to set except cmos. Everything should be hooked up correctly... my brain is just about fried right now... grrr Help Please

when installing a motherboard, you have to use little brass (sometimes plastic) standoffs in the screw holes. They are like a 1/4" (3mm or so) tall, and keep the motherboard from shorting itself out on the case chassis.... the motherboard sints on the standoff's, and the screws for the mobo screw into the standoffs....

The last time I had a problem like that It was a bad stick of ram. If you have 2 sticks of ram try to remove one at a time and boot. Also
have you tried to hit the delete key or whatever key you need to hit to get into bios?
If so does it still shut off. If so unplug all the new components and reinstall them.
Do you have to put power to this video card?
Also Do you have the 4 prong power plug pluged in?
Just some thing's to look for.

boot wit alternateive sticks of ram, tht way you can easily determine if its the RAM and if it is which stick is faulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom