xfx v evga

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaybe1

Baseband Member
Im buying a graphics card soon and was thinking of the xfx 8800gts 640 xxx edition but ive been advised to go for an evga card instead ?? Evga dont seem to have one clocked to the same specs so Why go for Evga is this a better more reliable card ? Which would you go for ??

EVGA is a more reputable brand then XFX. But that's not to say that XFX is bad. They're actually up there with EVGA.

Why are you getting the XXX edition? Just get the regular and overclock. Save yourself the money, unless the overclocked version, is cheaper.

And why the 640MB? What resolution, are you playing on?

EVGA because they have a longer warranty i think? i mean XFX is a superb brand aswell but it makes sense to go with the one with the longest warranty, also evga have the step up programme

EVGA has a lifetime warranty and allows the step within 90 days. Also from what i have read, they seem to have the BEST customer support around should anything actually go wrong with the card.

I prefer XFX just because everyone in the forum seems to prefer eVGA

(even though i dislike both of them, as with anything nVidia related...)

Im mainly going to be using this for gaming but also it has to be able for 3ds max too. Im just sorting out parts for the build have the Q6600 G0 stepping on the way. For me to buy a 320mb card here in Ireland would cost €275 but a mate is going to the U.S next week and im getting him to get me a card over there which for the same money i can get the xfx 640mb xxx

get EVGA, dear jesus, mine survived running without the fan for upwards of 10 minutes even though I smelt burning...... my god, I love this card now thank you lord

I have no personal experiences with XFX though so I'm partially one sided

Actually if you are going to spot the money for a 640mb card you might look into getting a 2900 as they are about the same price.

I prefer XFX just because everyone in the forum seems to prefer eVGA

seriously... one guy with high posts says evga is better and xfx sucks, then all the follower pansies start posting the same thing in threads like this. Just get the card that gives best bang/buck, and forget who manufactured it.

I remember back in 2005 when a bunch of people were cursing XFX and they never owned one of their cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom