Going to buy 19" widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
philips is a pretty respectable brand. it has the higher contrast ratio, and after much thought im going with the philips. thanks anyway jonny

If you think you can spare a little bit more I recently bought an HP 22" Widescreen from Best Buy, they had a good rebate and also a couple for $50 off so I took the opportunity. I'm not sure how much it would be in the UK and I'm sure there is some good deals on computer supply websites rather than directly buying it from a retailer. Its the HP w2207, beautiful monitor, runs an amazing resolution and supports all the new modern technology. It would definitely last you a while as they can't do that much better than this for a while.

plus my desk space for a monitor only supports a monitor up to 17.5" wide, which would mean a 19" widescreen barely fits in

what exactly is the difference between DVI and VGA?

No difference unless you're running an unusually long cable. DVI is digital so signal quality does not degrade over wire distance (well it does, but that has no effect on actual quality because it's digital!)....while VGA is analogue, therefore the signal quality is affected.

No difference unless you're running an unusually long cable. DVI is digital so signal quality does not degrade over wire distance (well it does, but that has no effect on actual quality because it's digital!)....while VGA is analogue, therefore the signal quality is affected.

oh yes i remember now. the VGA does degrade and gets interference especially if its running past all your power cables.

oh yes i remember now. the VGA does degrade and gets interference especially if its running past all your power cables.

It can, yeah...but I used to have a dual monitor setup the other year...1 with DVI and the other with VGA...couldn't tell a darned bit of difference even with both sitting right next to eachother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom