Graphic Card Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeydluffy

Solid State Member
"VPU Recovery reset my graphics accelerator as it was no longer responding to graphic driver commands"

this is the message that appears in the screen of my monitor after a few minutes of gameplay...

I have a ati radeon x800gto...i have a feeling its temperature related, but i dont know...that s why im asking here for help.

Hope you can help out. :D

Hey monkeydluffy
Welcome-to-TF.png

Monitor the temperatures of your video card, with either Everest, or ATI Tool. It may be overheating, like you said.

Try reinstalling the drivers, or get the latest one.

tkz! :D
I already did that, have catalyst 7.9 installed, i can´t see the temps on everest, think its my card that does not have sensor?
the ati tool you talk about is in the suite right? i only have the driver installed :p

gonna install the suite and check it out :p

No, it's not in the suite. ATI Tool is a separate program, to monitor the temperature of your graphic card, as well as overclock.

ok i´m on it...

do you think it could be temps? maybe even the cpu temps? because i think my cpu is too hot...its like 70 celsius right after i turn off a game...it´s a p4 3,2 with a stock cooler.

greets

****...i dont understand, its the stock cooler and it´s clean... :S

and i cant find the temps of the graphic card on atitool :p

greets

Stock coolers usually aren't very good at cooling. But should be good enough, if you're not overclocking or anything.

You should either get an aftermarket thermal paste, like Arctic Cooling's MX-2. It's only like $6.

Or get some more case fans, to increase the airflow in the system.

not good. xD
i just tried with my pc case open and still the temps are the same...could be processor problem?

thx

It's probably the airflow in your case. How many intake and exhaust fans, do you have in there?

Although the Pentium 4 processors, are known to run hot.

You should consider the suggestions, from my previous post.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom