none-widescreen monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Widescreen is natural because we have two eyes side by side, not one on top of the other, or just a single functioning eye (not counting those unfortunate few).

games on widescreen dont really stretch if you have it at the right resolution
so if i had a game set to 1024 by 768, would there be borders at the sides?

The reason everything is going to widescreen is because, wait for it.....FILMS ARE NATURALLY WIDESCREEN. Widescreen is the natural aspect ratio. When you walk around, do you only see whats directly in front of you? No you have peripheral vision. I dont understand why people are so resistant to widescreen.
i'll no doubt watch dvds, but games come first, way first. i can live with the black borders at top/bottom. widescreen may be natural to FPSs, but there are actually other genres of games out there, much better ones :)

the games i'll be playing range from late 80's to present. i wanna play oblivion in it's full glory but also dabble with monkey island and out of this world without the graphics stretching.
i might just buy a widescreen and a cheap 17" crt monitor for the golden oldies!

Scretching of the image depends on whether the game supports wide screen or not. If it does, like in games like HL2, you actually see more on the screen rather than stretching the image. Most new games support widescreens where you just see more of the sides than stretching the image. But there are still games that don't.

Does oblivion support widescreen? i just got a £130 tax rebate and i fancied treating myself to a new monitor from my old 15" dell LOL

Also, i think you might be a bit confused on the issue of widescreen games. IF a game doesnt have a widescreen mode, all that will happen is that you will end up with black bars on the side of the screen.

Also, i think you might be a bit confused on the issue of widescreen games. IF a game doesnt have a widescreen mode, all that will happen is that you will end up with black bars on the side of the screen.

i run BF2 on 1024x768 (so i getter frame rate as my card sucks) and its fine no black bars

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom