Socket Question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya, I think the fx-62 is comparable to the 6000 + with maybe a .2ghz clock... But the unlocked multiplier is "mighty fine"

But you probably aren't cpu of the week like Nosboost here. So looking into the future would be a wise idea.

I see... now I noticed that the processor's speed will run from 1.9GHZ-2.8GHZ, and therefore I think i'm missing the point when it comes to the processor's quality. What are the defining specs on a good processor? (why would I want a Phenom 2.2GHZ for example when I have a Athlon X2 4400+ 2.4GHZ?) sorry for my lack of knowledge on this particular subject, as I said, I learn something new everyday.

I see... now I noticed that the processor's speed will run from 1.9GHZ-2.8GHZ, and therefore I think i'm missing the point when it comes to the processor's quality. What are the defining specs on a good processor? (why would I want a Phenom 2.2GHZ for example when I have a Athlon X2 4400+ 2.4GHZ?) sorry for my lack of knowledge on this particular subject, as I said, I learn something new everyday.

...because the Phenoms can achieve more instructions per clock, than the Athlons.

CPU frequency doesn't necessarily make a CPU better.

There's a very large amount of things that affect performance that have nothing to do with how high its frequency is.

Intel learned that the hard way, when they were pushing past 3GHZ with their Pentium 4's, but still getting outperformed by AMD's CPU's that were a little past 2GHZ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom