I found this article that may help noobs with basic overclocking....

Status
Not open for further replies.
That will be my project for this winter.
Heres what im planning on using-
Intel C2D E6700
Gigabyte P35-DS3P

A good "pot" preferrably this from italy-
Overclock Labs®: OCLabs Block LN2DI - LE

This ram- Team Group Inc - Team Xtreem DDR2 1066MHz CL 5-5-5-15

A friend of mine has the hookup for LN2, as his dad works at a laboratory where they use it daily. I wish we all lived closer so we could travel and work on this together, but hopefully i have a few guys who live around here that are willing to help me with it(and actually know what they are doing).

why not use it on your future Phenom? or if you want c2d's get a e6750 which will overclock better

why not use it on your future Phenom? or if you want c2d's get a e6750 which will overclock better

Eh, maybe i will, maybe not. I will if they ever make some insane am2+ boards that clock well, but right now we have no info on anything of the sort haha. But i was building this intel rig along with my Phenom rig, as the intel was mainly going to be for a couple insane OC runs and folding and crunching 24/7. And i will look into the e6750, your probably right.

only thing i hate about the e6750 is that 8x multiplier... i like not doing math to do an overclock.... and just move the decimal place one to the right for the FSB

only thing i hate about the e6750 is that 8x multiplier... i like not doing math to do an overclock.... and just move the decimal place one to the right for the FSB

lol my kinda thinking right there!!! e6700 ftw! lol and 3800 x2!!! 10x multi makes it nice and easy!!!

i'm gonna have me a hard time using 14x and 15x with the fx! oh no!

I like my 15X multiplier

ya imma love mine at 15 as well once i get my new mobo to change the dang multi.. i'm excited about this fx.. i only got to use it for a little bit today.. but it was burning cd's, multitasking and doing stuff so much better than that 3800... i had forgotten the luxury of being fast.. and it feels good!

i wonder which will overclock better, is your 6000+ the 65nm?

ya imma love mine at 15 as well once i get my new mobo to change the dang multi.. i'm excited about this fx.. i only got to use it for a little bit today.. but it was burning cd's, multitasking and doing stuff so much better than that 3800... i had forgotten the luxury of being fast.. and it feels good!

i wonder which will overclock better, is your 6000+ the 65nm?
no, all 6000+'s are Windsor F3's

but I do have CCB8F stepping (0714 UPMW)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom