Status
Not open for further replies.

HELPMEPLZ

Baseband Member
(newbie @ this :p)

Ok so heres the deal ^_^

Set up is of such:
GeForce 8800GTS 320MB
Intel C2D e6600 conroe @ 2.4ghz stock (currently)
2x 1gb corsair DDR2-5300 RAM
Intel DP965LT Desktop Board

Thinking about OCing my cpu but am afraid that because with this new cpu i forgot to buy thermal paste doing anything to it right now is a deathwish with that stock stuff it has on the bottom of it, and the stock fan seems pretty pathetic.

If anyone can look through this list and find me the best compound to use and for what reason, much appreciated :)

Thermal Compound

and thinking of this cpu cooler.

Thermaltake Silent 775D
Thermaltake Silent 775D

Opinions :)?

what a sad heatsink... only 4 heatpipes and its mini... not to mention it says "Silent" in the name which is something you don't want if you even plan on remotely oc'ing your pc

anyways, Artic Silver 5 is definately the most common paste that people use and it yields good results, use it when you don't have to worry about the paste spilling, or or dripping, like its name suggests it contains silver which is a conductor... not a problem unless your putting it on a GPU or something of the sort with a relatively light heatsink or if your a noob and your globbing it on

Ceramique is what I've heard is a nice alternative since its not conductive, meaning you can plop it all over your circuitry and not worry (for the most part)

I've also heard good things about MX-2

EDIT:: Just read this

Supposedly the MX-2 gives a couple degrees better cooling, and its non conductive so stick with that, I guess it costs more though

MX-2 ownage!!! also that heatsink doesn't look very dependable.... try to get an Artic Freezer Pro 7

Oh and with arctic freezer 7 pro it says

Application:
All Intel Celeron (Socket 775)
All Intel Pentium 4 (Socket 775)
All Intel Pentium D

no C2D? is that ok still?

also you can also not buy thermal paste if its weaker than mx-1 because its already got the thermal pad in it...

Oh and with arctic freezer 7 pro it says

Application:
All Intel Celeron (Socket 775)
All Intel Pentium 4 (Socket 775)
All Intel Pentium D

no C2D? is that ok still?

Lol don't worry...thousands of people use a C2D and an AF7...myself included. This little thing is amazing for it's price and is all you need for a Dual-Core.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom