didnt get OS cd with pc

Status
Not open for further replies.

revenge2

In Runtime
Hello there, i didnt get a win vista home cd when i got my computer. But i have the the coa sticker and all. Is there a way i can get a cd by contacting Microsoft?

First of all what kind of pc did yuo buy. Now a days rather than giving you disks there is a recovery partition already on your hard drive. There should be aprogram or instructions in your manual on how to burn recovery disks from this partition.

If you bought a prebuilt computer from one of the big manufacturers here is a general rule of thumb for several of them:

Acer: Make it yourself
Dell: Sometimes
Gateway: Includes Restore disc
HP: Make it yourself
Sony: Make it yourself
Toshiba: Includes Restore disc

Could someone forward me to a guide on making an install CD yourself?

I have since lost mine...

Also, if anyone knows a way to find out what CD key I used in my current installation, that would be awesome.

I was thinking about reformatting... but couldn't find my Windows CD! *cries*

It is easy look for make recovery media or Create your recovery disk's now option.

Start > Programs > (Look for manufacturer Logo)

and there you'll find information all about making a restore CD. easy steps to follow.

btw, keep 6 X CD's or 2 X DVD's (Blanks) before starting the process

Or you can download the exact same version of windows as you have now off of bittorrent. You use the cd key that's printed on that sticker. Then if you need to reformat, you have a clean version of windows, without all the junk they included with your computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom