2900PRO is officially a VERY good performance card

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vaanish

Fully Optimized
Final Thoughts

WOW! What will NVIDIA do now? The HD 2900 PRO is a power house and is simply going to be the card to own in this price bracket. Hopefully the NVIDIA driver team is hard at work creating a new driver that will help boost the performance of the 8800GTS but you have to wonder just how much more performance there is in it.

This card is going to be extremely popular amongst users, the simple fact is that for the money there really is no better bang for buck and the current overclocking potential is beginning to look very positive. The card is actually that good that it forces the HD 2900 XT to lose some of its bang for buck due to just how close the PRO performs to the XT.

HIS have done a pretty standard job with the package and line-up and while it isn't anything extremely exciting it's better than some other packages we see these days. The main thing is that the purchase of the PRO is going to depend on the package and price for most people. HIS aren't the cheapest brand yet their price looks extremely good when compared to the 8800GTS. It's going to be interesting to see what happens when we see some of the cheaper brands hit the market and just how low the PRO can go.

I'm kind of baffled by the PRO as well as being somewhat speechless (or should that be typeless?) - While it looked like it could perform great at first glance, the fact that it actually does is kind of mind blowing. It's been a while since we have seen an AMD card come out and hit us like this.

The only real problem is the AA performance but it's not horrendous, it could simply be better. No doubt AMD are going to continue to be concentrating on the HD series of cards and performance will continue to improve as time goes on.

Simply put if you're looking for a new card that doesn't break the bank – we've found it for you!

HIS Radeon HD 2900 PRO 512MB Early Test :: TweakTown

Seems like ATi have got the best bang for the buck card in the mid-hi price range. This is the new card to reccomend for new buyers, it seems, according to this review.

Bye bye 8800GTS.

Yeah it's definitely a good buy now.

Also a guy on another forum just set clocks to XT speeds and had no issues whatsoever.

So you can basically get a 2900XT for 170quid new now

excellent. Might look into that - my 7900GTO is still doing pretty well though.

mr%20burns.jpg

excellent :)

8800gts 320mb... i hardly knew ye

The thing is, if you're into overclocking the 8800GTS is probably the better buy...mine OC's to the settings in sig...and I've just ordered a multimeter to get on with some vmodding :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom