none-widescreen monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

sintan

Baseband Member
can anyone recommend a good gaming monitor that isn't widescreen? why so many widescreens these days?
i play an unhealthy amount of games new and old, so don't want any stretching. maybe there is a way to show a game using it's original proportions on a widescreen?
i want to play the latest games too so want a good response time 5ms.
i'm buying it in england but can spend the equivalent of 200-300$.
thanks for any advice

games on widescreen dont really stretch if you have it at the right resolution, the biggest "non_widescreen" monitors usually go as big as "20.1 however you gan get bigger but if you do want bigger go with a widescreen

Almost all lcd's have under 8ms response now. The reason everything is going to widescreen is because, wait for it.....FILMS ARE NATURALLY WIDESCREEN. Widescreen is the natural aspect ratio. When you walk around, do you only see whats directly in front of you? No you have peripheral vision. I dont understand why people are so resistant to widescreen.

Also as nick said. 99% of games made in the last 2 years support widescreen.

my mum was unitl i got my 19" widescreen and she couldnt believe how much more desktop space you get horizontally

I'm a huge movie buff so i converted to widescreen when it was still crazy expensive just because i HATE pan&scan. I cant freaking stand having 1/4 of the movie cut off on the sides. I was always the type that would MUCH rather have black bars on top and bottom and see all of the movie.

the transfer from square to wide is much more satisfying than wide to square
it feels more natural as veedub said, and it pwns in films

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom