x2 3800 installed, got a problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
Well. I got my socket 939 x2 3800 installed today. On a abit KN8 SLI motherboard. The BIOS has never been updated and shows a release date of 2005. :(

When I go to amd power monitor so I can see if both cores are at least active I get an error message telling me something in my OS/ BIOS is not letting me view the utilzation of both cores. Then the program continues and only shows 1 core. What do I need to do to fix this?

I would imagine all you can do is check their site for a BIOS update to support dual-core. If not you will need a new mobo.

I was looking while you must have posted and the whole string of BIOS updates had 2 that said "added support for new cpu's" and one that said "added support for fx60" I know the fx-60 is a dual core... so we will see.

Yes, that and the driver. When the BIOS updated and the computer rebooted a little pop up said multi- proccessor or multi- core found. and then said the computer needed to be restarted again for the changes to take effect. BUt after the reboot it still showed no dual-core.

I looked around and didn't find anything.My post screen shows the little fx and athlon 64 logos. But no x2 logo. But looking on the Abit website I see that it supports them. Maybe there is a another BIOS update???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom