display drive stopped responding and has recovered

Status
Not open for further replies.

krazyq

krazy Techie
Alright vista users...
i keep getting that error while gaming.
Usually the game stalls and then i get that error on the desktop.
I've tired the last 3 nvidia drivers and no results...
i really want to get this solved otherwise im gonna switch back to xp.

Thank you

Have fun with drivers! On the new build here an MSI HD 2600XXT DX10 compatible card and the Creative Xtreme Audio model sound card have been a world of fun. In both XP and Vista the automatic color management has to be reacticated in the catalyst control center on most boots and in XP the desktop theme set reverts back to the Vista style.

The real fun begins with the Creative model here however where the latest update when selecting XP as the version being run still sees a Vista version of the web updater! Even at the MS update site the optional hardware updates still see a set of Vista drivers installed on XP there. Don't blame it so much on Vista but NVidia, ATI, Creative, and other hardware manufacturers besides the MS update link that is. :rolleyes:

Have fun with drivers! On the new build here an MSI HD 2600XXT DX10 compatible card and the Creative Xtreme Audio model sound card have been a world of fun. In both XP and Vista the automatic color management has to be reacticated in the catalyst control center on most boots and in XP the desktop theme set reverts back to the Vista style.

The real fun begins with the Creative model here however where the latest update when selecting XP as the version being run still sees a Vista version of the web updater! Even at the MS update site the optional hardware updates still see a set of Vista drivers installed on XP there. Don't blame it so much on Vista but NVidia, ATI, Creative, and other hardware manufacturers besides the MS update link that is. :rolleyes:

well i just went back to the old beta drivers that came out for bioshock and no errors so far.
driver number 163.44

That's good there. Meanwhile out of nowhere I just saw a BSOD with the ati2dvag.dll come up. Previously the driver thread caught in infinite loop was seen on the second day the new build was running and later disregard when all video and sound drivers were removed, reinstalled, removed again and finally seemed good until the last two days.

The sound improved however. Just when you get one thing running great the other one seems to go doa on you! :rolleyes: But gee that's where the fun comes in trying to debug everything. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom