codecs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Codec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

codecs mean more than just for video ;)

compression/decompression, etc....

I use the vista codec package, contrary to it's name, it can be used for other windows variants. As for your breakup problems, not sure. Could be hardware limitations or you just may need to run a few disk defrags. I suggest giving your old comps 3 sessions of defragging....and also a chkdsk

I personally don't like codec packs. They install too much codecs and sometimes can occur some conflicts between the codecs, it happened to me before, i don't remember it's name though.

I normally install divx, xvid, ac3 and vobsub and I can open most of the video files out there. If I can't I run GSpot to know which codec is missing and install it. The lesser garbage installed in the computer the better.

Codec - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

codecs mean more than just for video ;)

compression/decompression, etc....

I use the vista codec package, contrary to it's name, it can be used for other windows variants. As for your breakup problems, not sure. Could be hardware limitations or you just may need to run a few disk defrags. I suggest giving your old comps 3 sessions of defragging....and also a chkdsk
But it is primarly used for video purposes. Jsut cause it talks about compression and decompression doesnt mean that it still isnt about video. All it means is the compression and decompresision of the video file that is in use.;)

Just like a MP3. That is just compression of a music file. Same thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom