Another Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toryn

In Runtime
OK so this time a mate wants to me build him one.

Has a £600-800 budget (*grumbles*) and wants it for gaming and graphic work.

CPU: Q6600 G0
GPU: eVGA 8800gts superclocked
PSU: Corsair HX 520W
Mobo: Gigabyte P35C DSR3
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2GBx2
HDD: WD 750GB

And he likes the P182 as a case, seemed to get ok reviews as far as airflow and fan placement went.

Decent build? Wanted to fly it by everyone here first in case theres something glaringly wrong etc.

Last question actually, is it worth waiting for the new quad cores that are coming out or stick with a Q6600?

Well you don't want to wait too long. And it's not like the Q6600 will be completely owned by the new quad cores.

No need for the superclocked version, when you can overclock yourself. Maybe if the superclocked is not that much more, or cheaper than the stock. I would suggest:
EVGA 8800GTS 320MB GDDR3 DVI TV Out PCI-E Graphics Card

There is also no need for the P35C. The regular P35-DS3R is preferred, because DDR3 won't be looked at, for another year probably.

Ya, like big said, drop the C because you wont be using DDR3 anytime soon, and by the time its worth using, you'll need a new board to support nehelem anyway. The superclocked evga i bought was actually 15 bucks cheaper than the stock version :)

Yeah I remembered about the no need for the C mark, however I can't actually find the P35 DS3R on that site and the "C" version on ebuyer is cheaper then the non c version on overclockers.

Thanks for the non-superclocked version, forgot about that too heh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom