So How's This?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

Baseband Member
Well, I've taken all the information from my last thread, and I've come up with this. Let me know what you think!

Processor: Intel Q6600
Motherboard: Gigabyte DS3R Motherboard
RAM: Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 4-4-4-12
HD: Seagate Barricuda 7200.10 320GB
Video Card: eVGA 8800 GTS 640 MB version
Monitor: Samsung 226BW 22" LCD
Case: Antec P182 ultra quiet case
Power Supply: PC&C Silencer 610W
Optical: LG H62N 18x6x16 /w SW

________Questions________

1) For the 8800 GTS, would the 640 MB give me much more longevity than a 320 MB would? The 640 is going to be approx $50-80 more than the 320, in any situation.
2) Is that the right power supply that everyone's been raving about?
3) Is that the quietest case currently available?
4) I'm a little confused about LCDs and resolutions... I thought that games were made to play at many different resolutions... for instance my Diamond Pro 930 SB (oh why do you have to be dying!) has a max res of 1600x1200, yet a game doesn't look any better or worse at 1280x1040 than it does at 1600x1200. Is this not the case with LCD's? Or am I just blind and it really does look better at 1600x1200? In which case... can anyone recommend any 1440x900 LCD's? :D

Please feel free to leave comments and/or answer what you know.

PS: The game I was talking about in question 4) is Lineage II.

The PSU is a bit overkill, but it's nice.

Most people stick with the 320, but for higher resolutions, the 640 would be benificial.

When looking for an LCD, try to find a good 5ms screen. Acer and Sony produce some good quality screens. I won't suggest a specific one though as many people's descisions vary. Find one for yourself! Just read the reviews...

You must be blind :p When playing on higher resolutions, more pixels are rendered therfore more detail or clearer details. If your monitor doesn;t support it however it will just run it in the max.

it looks as if you've done your research, I wouldn't change anything accept maybe to save a few bucks on that PSU. the 500w revision will work just fine.

I agree with Alexinator that the PSU is quite overkill. If i were buying a PSU for that system I myself would go cheap with the Rosewill RP-550 since thats all thats needed to run that system but you can NEVER go wrong with an overkill PSU if your willing to pay the money because it will last you a long time if its a good one.

That could work, if it's quiet like it's 450w brother. Any idea how many watts (and amps on the +12) the system would require, if moderately oc'ed?

I'd say that Corsair 550VX is perfect for that system, plus headroom for future upgrades.

That could work, if it's quiet like it's 450w brother. Any idea how many watts (and amps on the +12) the system would require, if moderately oc'ed?

I'm going to guess anywhere from 32-35 amps with a moderate overclock. 41@ on the 12's gives you plenty of upgrade room for the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom