Next purchase next friday!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
well i'm only playing 1680x1050.. so i dunno if the 1gb is for me.... i plan on going crossfire in the near future anyway... after all my other upgrades of course.. and i'm sure 2 2900xt's will fair just fine in any game for the next year or 2

that 500 dollar gtx is looking mighty fine though... consumes less power than the xt and runs smooth like butter... but the xt cost 120 dollars less..... its a tough decision, i've never really spent the money to be the very tip top of the line.. and i don't know if i wanna start anytime soon... not with how often i upgrade...

well i say go with the 2900xt 512mb, if you are going crossfire later on. I loved my 2900xt,never really overclocked it though so i dont know how that will work out. I would have sold you mine, but it was pending when you asked.
GL with your build.

ya, the 512mb xt seems like a fine choice, and i really do need a new power supply... dunno if i'd wanna risk a high end gpu with a 480watt rosewill... and that 2nd gig of ram would certainly help with vista performance, i can live with the crappy mobo for a little bit longer...

Never buy a factory overclocked version of the 8800's Do like I did, buy the GTX, spend an extra 60 bucks on air cooling it, and then proceed to flash the BIOS to speeds that blow past the Ultra :p

But I'd say go with the 2900, it'l preform nicely. Plus, think of the uber folding you can do for the team ;)

Never buy a factory overclocked version of the 8800's Do like I did, buy the GTX, spend an extra 60 bucks on air cooling it, and then proceed to flash the BIOS to speeds that blow past the Ultra :p

But I'd say go with the 2900, it'l preform nicely. Plus, think of the uber folding you can do for the team ;)

it was the cheapest gtx available, the other are over 500 dollars, thats why i wanted that one

i havent done any folding for tech forums yet!!!

i tried to start a seventeen or bust.. or something like that team, but i was a one man team.. lol no one wanted to join that one cuz it had no real cause in it...

Well if you've got the money then please, go for the GTX. nVidia is doing amazing things with their drivers. Each of the latest releases have nudged my 3DMark06 Score up a few hundred.. All i hear are bad things about ATi?..

if i do get the gtx... i'm pretty sure it can work with my psu, but it would be border lining.. if i can sell my 3800x2 by next friday (which i should be able to) i'll probably buy the gtx because i'll have enough money for a new psu to go with it anyway.. i just can't find myself blowing 650 dollars in one day over 2 computer parts!

buying the xt just seems more beneficiary to me.. cuz i'll be able to buy so much more with it...

and its not like the xt can't play anygame out today... at full quality...

why did you sell your 2900xt... i'm pretty sure your 2 7900gs' don't outperform it...

I sold it due to money issues, and in no way they do outperform it but....lol....i have an 8800gts 320, but i have no use for it yet....as i have no dx10 games to play. haha. so i am sitting comfortably with my 2 7900's....the 8800gts is going to be utilized once i get my k10 system built.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom