Can't Reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bubnod

Solid State Member
Hi,

Recently, I've tried to format, but I am always getting an error. I have tried system restore as well, but still it continues not to work. Here is the error:

File \minint\system32\KDCOM.DLL could not be loaded. The error code is 14.

The only problem with actually totally reinstalling Windows, is that I have a HP computer. Why is this a problem? Because my restore files are on a separate hardrive, so I do not have the actual CD. I've tried looking for this directory on the other drive, but could not. Is there any possible way to totally reformat without using the system restore provided by HP?

Thanks..

So there is no way I can otherwise? Being rather young, I can't just buy Windows XP Pro.

"The bitmap: RELOADED..."

This sounds like a bitmap issue. (Like some bad blocks...) Try scanning the disk for errors with SCANDISK... :cool:

I've tried that RAGE, didn't work. Could it be possible I deleted it?

"I figured that..."

Try this then:

You can Completeley erase a disk in DOS mode by typing...

format D: (or whatever drive you're trying to dellete) /S (or /A)

It take's a while but it WORKS. It even erases whatever errors are on the disk...

"That should do it...":cool:

"The recconing..."

Just take a floppy disk, right click on it, and go to the 'format' option, then chose the 'quick erase' and check the 'Copy system files' check box, then restart your computer leaving the floppy in there...

That should get you in dos mode thru drive A:\> ...

I'm not wanting to erase anything tho, I need to reformat, but I dont have WinXP Cds, as I have a HP, which uses another drive to reformat

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom