Jut picked up lappy for 100$~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

hmammen

Self Proclaimed Immortal
My friend was selling his 4 year old vaio, and getting a new macbook. So he decided to sell it to me for a fair price. 100$ got me this-
Sony Vaio - posting from it right now actually.
AMD Athlon xp 2000 1.8ghz
512mb ram
40 gig hdd
ATI rage graphics
CDRW/DVDRW
15 inch LCD

Its actually quite a decent laptop, works great for music, videos, browsing, work, and the like. No gaming will be done on this.

What do you guys think? Fair price for what it is?

yea o well...hes well off and he didnt know what all this was worth, it is 4 years old, but in amazing condition.....i wasnt bound to argue with him:)
holy **** vernong, your post count changes everytime i look at your profile hahah....already at 5,800+??? jeez.

That's a fair price. Used laptop prices are so inflated these days, it's amazing what people will pay for a used notebook- sometimes all the way up to the cost of a new entry level notebook. But I think you both got a good, fair deal here.

I think the Athlon XP 2000+ runs at 1.667GHz at stock (at least mine did). If it's running at 1.8GHz, it may be overclocking a tad (older Sony's are known for this), or it may be a 2200+ or 2400+, depending on it's core, cache, TDP, and socket (so you may have got a better system than you think).

i dare you to run Vista on that system LOL

but u might wanna get a RAM Upgrade

lmao thats on par with mine.......... I paid £1,600 for it when I first got it 4 years ago back then the exchange would have equalled about $2,400. btw if thats like my acer you can force it to within an mm of its capabilities and it will always work I have used mine for; a 24-7 server routing around 1.5tb of external information to a max of 45 ppl at one time, cooked it upto 80 degree celsius cpu temp, dropped from a first story window, dropped down various steps aswell as on the pavement a few times, cooked it in a microwave for 10 seconds to see what would happen, never cleaned the fan for dust, taken out the ram whilst still running, taken out the hdd whilst still running.

lmao thats on par with mine.......... I paid £1,600 for it when I first got it 4 years ago back then the exchange would have equalled about $2,400. btw if thats like my acer you can force it to within an mm of its capabilities and it will always work I have used mine for; a 24-7 server routing around 1.5tb of external information to a max of 45 ppl at one time, cooked it upto 80 degree celsius cpu temp, dropped from a first story window, dropped down various steps aswell as on the pavement a few times, cooked it in a microwave for 10 seconds to see what would happen, never cleaned the fan for dust, taken out the ram whilst still running, taken out the hdd whilst still running.

holy mother.....why on earth did all that happen to your laptop?

I have 5 year insurance and onsite free repairs might aswell use them. I have also coloured it in and stuck stickers all over it but that doesn't really effect performance except for the one over the touchpad as you need to have warm hands to use the touch or else it doesn't go through the sticker.

is the battery still working?

and whatever you do, don't install vista on that. If you want to ruin it like that, save yourself the trouble and drop it on concrete. Unless of course, you get 2GB of RAM, which would cost you more than what you paid for the laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom