Building Yet Again

Status
Not open for further replies.
That actually looks pretty good. I wouldn't really change anything.

If you want to save a little more, get the regular Ballistix, without the LEDs...unless you want them.

That actually looks pretty good. I wouldn't really change anything.

If you want to save a little more, get the regular Ballistix, without the LEDs...unless you want them.

who wouldn't want LEDs?? :D :D :D

any mail-in-rebates available for the ballistix? or anything else on the list for that matter?

heh, well I've decided to go with the regular ballistix cuz I'm waiting out on mail-in-rebates to come and they'll probably have a better MIR than the tracers.

As for the power supply, I'm never been quite sure about it, but I've now chosen the OCZ Gamexstream 600W, it's got quad +12v rails @ 18A and good all-round reviews. What do you guys think? Here's a possibly dumb question: Are there power supplies that can have the cables removed easily? I hate having extra cables stuffed up in my case.

Merkwürdigliebe;1198483 said:
What exactly does that mean :confused:

The GameXStream models are known to have ripples, which fluctuate the electric current in the rails, more than it should. I think....I would suggest going Corsair or XClio. Or maybe the other OCZ models.

quadcore and the 8800? I actually have the exact same model, my next rig will be a dual core AMD @ 3.0ghz, 2GB ram, 1TB HDD(i haven't figured out exactly how i'll set up with the hard drives etc). Can I ask though, what are the benefits to SATA disk drives as oppossed to IDE? I still have a pretty good sony that fits my news.

2ghz RAM?

SATA does have a bigger bandwidth... and allows better airflow throughout your case...but nothing you'd notice if using system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom